The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some Toyota dealers

Dnk

What are some of them on, they just have no idea or just can't be arsed to look.

My local dealer 3 miles away is simply useless so i don't bother going there anymore, the dealer i used to use in Stratford is now just a useless and cant supply me with Type IV ATF. I've now got to get it couried up from Steve at Inchcape in Oxford.

What a joke !!

Rant over lol

I agree, the dealer in reading told me they couldnt supply me uk caliper pins because my car was a j-spec!! They also couldnt supply uk disks because they wanted my registration, which was an import. I told him i would get him a uk reg if it would be easier for him to understand, told me he couldnt help in this situation and this is the problem with imports apparently!! tw*t

Ive got the same problem up here in Aberdeen.

Asked for gear box oil and he said no problem how much do you want? I replied don't you want to know what car it is...... He wasnt bothered. So after telling him it was a Supra he said ok that stuff will do.

Again i said no, this is the stuff i want, gave him a P/N and went from there.

They also claimed they couldnt service mine cause its a J-spec and they'd need different tools.

Didnt know they used left handed spanners in Japan.....

If i owned Toyota i'd be very concerned as to how bad some are.

I've just found one near me in B'ham who can supply the parts and the ATF fluid and matched Steves prices no problem.

So thats good news :)

My nearest dealer told me i didnt know what i was talking about when they tried to sell me Cool Pink coolant instead of the Cool Red, said their both the same lmao, Cool Pinks twice the cost and nothing like Cool Red.

in the NL they aren`t completly useless

i needed new ATF for the powersteering and they told me that they didn`t have any

but immediatly they called a shop 100mtrs away and asked if they had it and luckily for me they had it

also needed some new bolts for my aerotop so they asked for my plate numbers but i said that it still wasn`t on dutch plates and they replied

no problem and asked me what kind of car i have and straight away they looked into their system and within 5min i ordered 4new bolts

hmmmmm, this doesn't bode well for us Toyota Dealers does it, (i'm workshop foreman at one). I can can only say we do our best to make our customers happy, we service imports and I have a Lexus and Supra specific trained Techs who are both helping me with my first Supra purchase.

So, in short, we're not all idiots.....much...

Mine refused to supply uk spec mats for my import.

Also had the old guy there tell me to buy a UK spec before telling me that had hood struts. When i had my UK car i went back and he told me they had been removed.....

Same dealer, had the Techs come out to look at it as none of them had even seen one.

I am sure not all Toyota garages are as bad as some. But in general treat with caution. If you have an auto, ask them what ATF they use in the auto box. Mine told me Dex III. I have never used them since. The parts department were good and gave me a bit of a discount.

One day, after picking up some parts from my local Toyota dealer, a black MKIV was parked near mine, bonnet up and sounding really sick. There was the owner, a service manager and a mechanic standing by the car looking under the bonnet. As I got to the car the service manager said to his mechanic " Ask him he'll know he's got one" I was totally gob smacked.

the toyota dealership in chichester is brilliant....as long as you got a chassis no. they will find almost any part. i've used them for parts for my import supra, import surf and my dads import 4.2ltr landcruiser.

my local nissan dealer is shite, could never be bothered when i had an r32gtr. but the nissan dealer in southampton would do want ever it took to get parts, the southampton dealership in run buy nissan uk, they said franchise dealers couldn't be bothered as it might take them an hour or so to find and source a part on which they would only make a couple of quid.