The mkiv Supra Owners Club

really thinking of upgrading my supra to TT soon! advice needed...

Supra N_A

I own my wei N/A atm and loving it but kinda missing boost :sly: if only it was for my darn insurance charging me 5 million pounds for a turbo suppy anyways if i just drop a Twin turbo engine in my N/A will it be able to take that much power or will i need to upgrade anything else on it like suspension, brakes etc??? or will it be ok as it is? i was thinking just buy TT but want to keep mine and mabys upgrade it that way.... is the N/A engine and twin turbo engine the same??? whats the names for the engine types:search:

Your insurance will go up to make up for it. So you will be paying for a TT supra rather than an N/A. It will probably only go up by £100 though. If your driving a Supra, £100 shouldn't make much difference to you anyway.

You can just put a TT block into your N/A, but it's advisable to upgrade your brakes. I'm not sure suspension will make much difference.

If you want to upgrade from stock power output of a TT engine, you must swap to a 6spd if your manual (and as I recently found out, the V161 is the one you need to go for). It will be an expensive deal overall. Your looking at a good £5-6k to do the whole lot (engine + 6spd)

TT = 2JZ-GTE

N/A = 2JZ-GE

well looks like this is on hold until march next year lol

rang up sky insurance and i need to be 23 with at least 2 years no claims before i can insure a TT supra gutted! but on the other hand it would only cost another 183 on top of what u pay atm so its not that bad!

engine transplanted your n/a to turbo i take it you mean mate??

NA-TT = N/A to TT convered Supra.

NA-T = N/A with turbo bolted in.

Why upgrade the brakes? They are the same jspec wise?

It's advised to get bigger brakes, as with any car with more power. I suppose you could run on stock N/A brakes (if they aren't the same as TT brakes).

This info is useless unless we know how many years no claims you had, what area you lived in, how many years you have been driving for etc.

Ok. Despite posting the same post with all the other details every time this topic has cropped up, I thought I'd keep it slightly short to insinuate it not being impossible to get insured at said age.

3 years driving, 3 years NCB, AB14 (Aberdeenshire) postcode, student, no claims/convictions.

:)