The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The supra is getting a respray

Marty

Only a few pics of it so far, looking very sorry for itself :(

Getting it done in the same colour as i have a soft spot for red supras :)

Should be done and back with me for next monday, can't wait :cool:

Had to higher the coilovers right to the top to get it up the ramp of the spray shop, it normally sits far lower than that.

Next on the list is a wheel refurb by Speedwells, then a remap up to higher boost (1.6-1.8bar), hoping to see near the 700bhp mark. I'll probably also buy some facelift fronts for it.

All done in time for SupraPod, i may even drag it if i'm feeling brave :D

I'll upload some more pics as i get them...

And what it was like before...

it doesnt look too bad in the pic, but had a lot of stone chips from when i used it back and two to work down the motorway, so it needed doing now it is more of a weekend car.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Little update on this, not like it looks anyone is interested :p

Car has now been sprayed and i have it back. Am just doing a few little jobs on it (wheel refurb, etc) and i shall post up some pictures.

It should be ready for next weeks suprapod :D

It also flew through the mot, although the emissions were a little high ;)

Not very good quality pictures i'm afraid as only taken off a 6mp camera, pics don't really do it justice to be honest. It doesn't really look vastly different in the pic to the before one, but the difference in the flesh is very obvious, no pink bits anywhere ;).

Here is a few pics how it is at the moment, i've still got to re-attach the front splitter, raise the front slightly, and give the car a good wash, polish, oil and filter change ready for suprapod.

I've not had chance to change the colour of the wheels yet, but i have refurbished the lips as the laquer was corroded.

I've just been to tax it, now just need to insure it and i'm ready to go, so it's taking shape :cool:

Nice one Mart, car looks perfect, want a photoshop of the wheels doing, what coour you going for?

Cheers Jay :thumbs:

Looks great in the flesh, am very pleased with it.

Was thinking of the inner wheels done dark, black probably, if you could manage a photoshop that'd be much appreciated :cool:

They do look cool in gold in the flesh, so i defo need to see them in other colours to make my mind up for certain :)

Are you going suprapod Jay? Are you meeting up with anyone else on the way down? I'm coming, but from north wales way, so i'll be going down the m56, m6 way, if you're going the same way we could get a convo going :sly:

I love RED supra's.

Me too :cool: One of the best colours for a supra IMO especially when its all polished and shiney, car looks great num, a proper track beast :D

Damn it!

When I buy my Supra I was going to look for black or gun metal grey but now you're making me consider red.

Nice car

Defiantly worth considering if you can find one that hasn't faded a tad mate, they look superb clean.

I've been speaking to a member about getting mine resprayed as i've got the same problem you had, stone chips, faded paint etc!

I've also got a uk front bumper, rust free boot lid and a rear bumper that needs to go on!

As far as the facelift lights go, I can fully recommend them...