The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Screetching Noise 'Aux Belt / Pulley'...?

Brazil

I've got a really annoying screetching noise coming from my engine bay 'Pulley area'! When I spray WD40 on the Aux Belt & Pulleys it stops for a very short while then it comes back again.

I live in Portugal so the logistics when ordering parts takes longer plus I want this problem solved ASAP. What I would like to know is if this screech can be solved by buying a new belt alone or is it more likely a pulley?

Also where do you guys recommend me buying the Aux belt or a pulley set?

I am assuming that there isn't any difference in these parts with facelift & none facelift models?

Many Thanks'

These Pulleys are becoming more and more worn dude, i had the same problem, but mine has went away. But to be on the safe side, i ordered up a full pulley set and belt from MVP. Arrives this week sometime.

Do a search, there is loads of info on this, :D

These Pulleys are becoming more and more worn dude, i had the same problem, but mine has went away. But to be on the safe side, i ordered up a full pulley set and belt from MVP. Arrives this week sometime.

Do a search, there is loads of info on this, :D

My Bad, I know I ought to do more research..! I am just excited that I got my internet banking sorted and have been shopping like it's going out of fashion..! Lol

Geo, do you remember how long it took to ship your Southbend clutch from the States?

My Bad, I know I ought to do more research..! I am just excited that I got my internet banking sorted and have been shopping like it's going out of fashion..! Lol

Geo, do you remember how long it took to ship your Southbend clutch from the States?

i got mine from dude on here mate, he had it in stock, so was like a day or 2??