The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new respray

Stephen G

finally started getting the car tidied up with some freash paint removing a few markes in the bodywork aswell, what do you think

getting her stripped

filling the weld on the roof. removed a horrible phone ariel that was bored throught the roof and fixing a damaged quarter panel

When the window was removed which had been poorly fitted at one time the water had got in and the rust worm was starting to goto work, so it was cut out and some nice new metal spot welded in and seam welded across the front of the roof.

Almost ready for a lot of paint

after a few coats of base coat

15 coats of base and 4 lacquer later

Flattening the lacquer the next morning

after many hours of flattening and buffing the finished result!

I have to say the finish is flawless so happy with the way it turned out:d

and yes the front of the car is not painted yet as i'm keeping it of the road now and going to be putting on the big twins and i didnt want to be laying over newly painted wings plus my bodywork/painter is very bad with athritis and said doing the whole car in one go would have been just to much for him!