The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tcs control arms

Guest Nsomnia

Guest Nsomnia

ive read a couple posts where these were brought up but no reviews, anyone tried them. i went to toyota today to order a pair of rear upper control arms becouse my balljoints are shot and almost shit when they said $2200 canadian.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TCS-REAR-UPPER-CONTROL-CAMBER-ARMS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem588864ec91QQitemZ380245437585QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Edited by Nsomnia (see edit history)

Thats never right, $2,200 Canadian dollars is £1,366 !!

I've bought these arms along with all the others and their no where near that expensive here in the UK, i'd have to check but im sure as a ball park figure their around £250 each so around $800 Canadian dollars for the pair

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Nsomnia

i called a dealer in the united states and they queted me $550 each plus shipping. im thinking the canadian dealers are on crack. i might buy ebay arms just to see if there any good. they look nice.

I was looking at front top control arms from the same e-bay supplier as that.

I haven't decided not to get them yet, it was just put on the back burner for a little while.

You'll probably discover that the rose joint used is pure rubbish and will need replacing with a more precise (costly) item. The bushings will probably need similar attention if thats even possible.

I'm not trying to put you off buying these. Like I said I'm aware of the possible short-comings and I'm still veering towards buying a set of front arms to see if extra camber can be found.

$550 US dollars is more like it, i just checked the price and i can get them here for £350 inc vat each.

I wouldn't buy the other arms as they dont mention what their made of etc etc and as said above the rose joints are possibly cheap and wont last.

The other arms you posted are way to expensive in my opinion