The mkiv Supra Owners Club

EMU help

Stonkin

Just wiring it back together and i have this yellow connector which obviously goes into option 1 or 2, does it matter which? or is there a way i can tell?

There is alo a black connector with power led written on it, i cant see anywhere for this to go?

Cheers

You need to trace the other end of the option lead, as they can be used foe a few things, IE wideband input, boost pressure sensor (Greddy), which i would suspect that being a TT/single?

it would need in order to tune above normal boost settings, so look foe a little black box or cylinder with two wires and a small vacuum hose out of it;)

The "power led" plug is a frig used by lazy and cheap people who don't want to buy an extra option harness. You should find that it will fit in the option connector on the EMU. However it will not lock in place and is likely to come out with vibration.

To find out which way up it goes, you will need to find a pinout for an option connector - the contact with the wire connected will go to the analogue input pin, not the power or ground pins.

The "power led" plug is a frig used by lazy and cheap people who don't want to buy an extra option harness. You should find that it will fit in the option connector on the EMU. However it will not lock in place and is likely to come out with vibration.

To find out which way up it goes, you will need to find a pinout for an option connector - the contact with the wire connected will go to the analogue input pin, not the power or ground pins.

Personally i would call it innovative, i have done the same and never had any problems, there are a couple of PC plugs that will fit the EMU, considering the ridiculous prices that Greddy put on a 50p plug and a bit of wire :p

Stonkin, if you have a look at the software when connected to the EMU it may give you an idea as to what has been connected to the options ports;)

Other than that its hunt the wire I'm afraid.

The "power led" plug is a frig used by lazy and cheap people who don't want to buy an extra option harness.

Hello :wave:

I put that on there. It connects the wideband to Option 2 so that you can datalog the 5v output from it. It fits quite nicely and I know my one has been hooked up for the best part of 3+ years without falling out yet.

You can't actually get an option harness specifically for that O2 sensor, and even if you could it'd be something like £30 instead of £0.00p like that connector was.

I can't remember which way it goes up, Stonkin, but you won't hurt anything by getting it wrong, you'll just see 0v in the software.

-Ian