The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hazard triangle and handbrake-light on.

FlrSupra

Hey.

One day my hazard triangle and handbrake-light went on for a second and then went off. Now it has done it few days randomly when I accelerate or brake.

I searched for info here that I need to fill up my brake fluid reservoir.

Did it today and topped it up to MAX-level.. went for a drive, but no change. Still same lights are coming on randomly.

Any ideas what`s next?

Could be handbrake sensor, when you accelerate or brake that sudden change in motion could actuate the sensor, making the handbrake light and hazrad triangle light up.

Try disconnecting that sensor and driving for a few days to see if it occurs again.

Could be handbrake sensor, when you accelerate or brake that sudden change in motion could actuate the sensor, making the handbrake light and hazrad triangle light up.

Try disconnecting that sensor and driving for a few days to see if it occurs again.

I think this light also comes on if you have the door open while the engine is running, so maybe your door isn't pushing the "sensor thing" in properly.

It could be the cat temp' sensor, I had this on my old Supe, I just disconnected it and it was fine.

If it was the cat temp sensor that weird looking warning comes up that is meant to be a cat with heat coming off it :)

:rolleyes:

I had the same issue recently, and topping up the brake fluid worked...... for a while...... until I discovered one of my calipers was leaking. I assume your brake fluid is staying topped up?

If not, get someone to pump the bakes and look for fluid leaking onto one of your rims.

Check the connections around the handbrake as well (under the middle panel).

:yeahthat:

Dont think it could be that as the OP has stated its been topped up, it is worth checking the fluid sensor though as previously stated.

The handbrake sensor would also cause the same set of warning lights to actuate, if the sensor return spring has become slack it would cause the same issue. Could someone correct me if I'm wrong and not just roll eyes at me :D

I searched for info here that I need to fill up my brake fluid reservoir.

Did it today and topped it up to MAX-level.. went for a drive, but no change. Still same lights are coming on randomly.

Any ideas what`s next?

For those that missed it :)