The mkiv Supra Owners Club

de-cat fitted but cant feel the power

lackie

got my c wilson pipes fitted, but cannot feel any significant changes.

could i maybe have a problem???

the exhaust is a little louder but not much, i have an abflug back box, but i have two pipes coming out from the back to the decat pipes.

really am worried as i was expecting some serious power gains any help advice welcome

cheers

lack

Hey mate , before i got mine fitted i was running standard boost,after they were fitted i was running 14 psi so thats how i noticed the power,if i started running standard boost again im not sure if it would have felt any different than before the decat,mabye just a little more responsive at low revs,i wish i had of just turned the boost up and left the cats on now for all the mot reasons.

IMO:)

im j spec,

i havent fitted my fcd yet could that be a problem????

i have a friendly mot tester, my best mate hehe

even when i got the car coming from a mighty 1.6 focus zetec i still didnt fell any great power, maybe i was expecting to much, gonna get it on the rolling road asap to find out if there are any issues.

but i really dont like this, as i said was expecting to see some sort of change, but absolutley nothing. i have a mines ecu??????

so a boost controller and probably a nur spec should do the trick eh

how do u tell the psi?? rolling road???

lack

Originally posted by lackie

i have a greedy boost gauge thingy that tells me im hitting 1.1 bar but before i got the pipes fitted i was hitting 1.2 bar

That doesn't make sense! You're making LESS boost after removing the Cats? WTF? :conf:

Pick up is (or a least, it should be) a lot better due to turbo's spooling up a lot quicker.

As a comparrison if you can, try blagging a ride in a similar spec Soop to yours, as IMHO you should notice a difference going from catted to de-catted.

i know worrying has become a mind set over the past week

i took her out last night and really gave it some wellie, got to 160/165 and was only reading 1.1 on the gauge with my red warning light on

i think i'll borrow the 60 bucks and get it on the rolling road asap

lack

Originally posted by lackie

i dont know how to tell this, but the intercooler does smell a bit after a long run???

Just have a look, my old one was crumbling to pieces with fins missing everywhere.

If yours is an older j-spec, chances are the i/c is past its best.

i replaced both cats, to be honest i really think my exhaust is very restictive.

its 5" wide and seems to be straight through apart from it spliting into two pipes then coming together to fit to the c wilson pipes

but i cant think of anything else:conf:

u wont feel any performance increase if u where running 1.2 bar before decat except a slightly less lag.

a supra at 1.2 bar will feel a hell of a lot different to a focus, sounds like u have a problem somewhere.

r u sure u had some cats on before?

what red warning light did u have on?

i certainly thought the soop was a hell of a lot faster just wasnt blown away by it if you know what i mean.

yeah i had the cats in got em in my shed and they weigh a fcuk'ing ton.

im gonna get it on the rolling road asap, i'll post up the results when i get em

cheers for the advice etc

lack