The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What a great Forum

Guest mick1641

Guest mick1641

Hi all,

Not really posted much or contributed to the forum but would like to say how much good information is about on this site, and a great place to find pretty much anything you need to know about our cars.

Back in May I managed to destroy my engine. I’m still none the wiser what happened and as yet not stripped the old block down to have a look.

So I went to find and replace like for like engine, one popped up for a good price that had just been re-built top to bottom, reason for the price was the engine that was built for a customer who couldn't afford the rebuilt after the work had been carried out. So i got the new block, and couldn't afford to give the work to a garage only option i had was to do it myself with friends / family's help, now i can use a spanner but to do an engine change.. I didn't even know where to start, but with this forum all my question were answered with the search button, all information on how to take the engine out how to remove this that and the other was great. I’ve got a folder full of information that i need and now feel i could take up any task on this car :).

So I bring you up to today, new engine is in the car, it works like a charm and it's just passed it M.O.T third year running with only two advisory’s.

Again great forum and the info is there you just got to use the search button.

Ive included some pictures that was taken most were lost as me phone broke

IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg