The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Picking up my new Supra when i get home :d

SupraDan24

As the title suggests, i'm finally going to be back behind the wheel of a Supra next week :D After a few weeks of looking for i've finally struck a deal for this.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1828072.htm

All's left to do is go view/test drive the car and as long as everythings okay it's mine. I am however waiting to hear back from him about the minor detail of whether or not is MOT'd !! As i only found out today it wasnt tax'd when i asked if i could meet him half way. Does anyone have any input on the car, whether you think its worth the money etc or anything you think i should look out for. I might also start another thread in the members section to see if there's anyone local to the Birmingham area (or on route that i can pick up coming from Norwich) who's more mechanically minded than myself that can view the car with me.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

Seems alot of car for the money but doesnt hint on whats been done to the turbo's.

Yeah, i asked him about that. He just said they'd been modified and the company who did them (can't think off the top of my head). Getting info out of him is like blood from stone, i'm assuming its a reluctant sale. I'm going to give him another call next week when i get back just to clarify any Q's i have.

:search:

haha bare with me Ellis. I hit "quick reply" by mistake instead of "go advanced" and posted without the pics. I'm trying to upload them now but the bandwidth offshore is terrible. i got one up so far.

Edit: Okay it wont let me add anymore. Man offshore computers are bad.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)

Have you spoken with Whifbitz about the car?

Is it an auto?

What have JPS done to the gearbox and why?

Have you spoken with them about the car?

Who modified the Turbos?

What HKS cams have been fitted? 256,264,272 et cetera. In & Ex?

Ambiguous statements to say the least :blink:

MODIFIED STEEL TURBOCHARGER'S (RATED TO 600+ BHP) - Doubt it!

THIS IS A GENUINE CAR AND HAS POTENTIAL TO DO 1000 BHP - So does every Supra if you are prepared to spend the money!

£1500 TO FIT CRUISE CONTROL - No chance!

Insurance will be void if the car is stolen and it is fitted with Remote Start!

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I've not spoken to Whifbitz yet and yes its an Auto. The turbo's were modified by Cr Turbo's. He hasnt mentioned about the Cams. Like i said, i ask him 4-5 q's per email and i get a short resonse each time so i'm just going to go view it for myself and have a look at all the paperwork (he says he has all paperwork for the work done to the car) I can ask my Q's then and get some proper answers. All Q's duly noted though, thank for that Ben.

Have you spoken with Whifbitz about the car?

Is it an auto?

What have JPS done to the gearbox and why?

Have you spoken with them about the car?

Who modified the Turbos?

What HKS cams have been fitted? 256,264,272 et cetera. In & Ex?

Ambiguous statements to say the least :blink:

MODIFIED STEEL TURBOCHARGER'S (RATED TO 600+ BHP)

THIS IS A GENUINE CAR AND HAS POTENTIAL TO DO 1000 BHP

£1500 TO FIT CRUISE CONTROL

Insurance will be void if the car is stolen and it is fitted with Remote Start!

I've not spoken to Whifbitz yet and yes its an Auto. The turbo's were modified by Cr Turbo's. He hasnt mentioned about the Cams. Like i said, i ask him 4-5 q's per email and i get a short resonse each time so i'm just going to go view it for myself and have a look at all the paperwork (he says he has all paperwork for the work done to the car) I can ask my Q's then and get some proper answers. All Q's duly noted though, thank for that Ben.

Sorry dude, didn't mean to come across harsh but from the advert the guy sounds like a bit of a tool!

Be careful and if in doubt WALK AWAY ;)

Sorry dude, didn't mean to come across harsh but from the advert the guy sounds like a bit of a tool!

Be careful and if in doubt WALK AWAY ;)

I thought that at first, from his emails he seems to know what he's talking about (in comparison to my knowledge which isnt great), but reluctant to share details. I got the impression he just couldnt be arsed to go through it all. I'm going to go through all the receipts when i get there and find out exactly what's gone on with the car and the reasons. If i'm not happy then i'll keep looking. You dont live near Birmingham do you :innocent:

Nope sorry mate, Jersey. I was there last year tho not that thats much help to you now. TBH i'd give Paul @ Whifbitz a shout and ask him about the car and also give Leon at JPS a bell too.

Both are really knowledgeable, approachable friendly guys.

Whifbitz 020 8367 1286

JPS Motorsport 01908 367100

Also read the PDF in the link below, print it out and take it with you when you view the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=67644

Pop up a thread in your region and see if any other experienced members on here are willing to come along for a second opinion.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/announcement.php?f=89&a=18

If it was me tho i'd be looking at the car in the link below :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=212532

Edited by Frank Bullitt (see edit history)

I'm not really into the stock supra's, maybe its a secret chavvy side of me i dont know about, but they don't do much for me. Thanks for the numbers though, i'll give them a call when i get back and see what they say, if they're not too busy to sit on the phone and tell me about it that is.

Nope sorry mate, Jersey. I was there last year tho not that thats much help to you now. TBH i'd give Paul @ Whifbitz a shout and ask him about the car and also give Leon at JPS a bell too.

Both are really knowledgeable, approachable friendly guys.

Whifbitz 020 8367 1286

JPS Motorsport 01908 367100

Also read the PDF in the link below, print it out and take it with you when you view the car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=67644

Pop up a thread in your region and see if any other experienced members on here are willing to come along for a second opinion.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/announcement.php?f=89&a=18

If it was me tho i'd be looking at the car in the link below :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=212532

I'd walk away now TBH. He's either been given poor information or he's bullsh*tting. There's now way that the stock turbo arrangement will flow enough air for 600hp. It'll max at 450 most, and the autobox wouldn't be much good for any more.

Still seems like alot of car for the money, but the ad puts me off too much. Much better cars around for that money IMO.

This is the info he has given me (blood from a stone)

It has turbo's modified by cr turbos. Also i have every document to prove.

runs 0.9,1.1 and 1.4 which is safe and smooth. It made 523bhp.

mot for another 10-11 months

I'd walk away now TBH. He's either been given poor information or he's bullsh*tting. There's now way that the stock turbo arrangement will flow enough air for 600hp. It'll max at 450 most, and the autobox wouldn't be much good for any more.

Still seems like alot of car for the money, but the ad puts me off too much. Much better cars around for that money IMO.

I'm not really into the stock supra's, maybe its a secret chavvy side of me i dont know about, but they don't do much for me. Thanks for the numbers though, i'll give them a call when i get back and see what they say, if they're not too busy to sit on the phone and tell me about it that is.

You seem to be missing the point here.

You have an unknown car, a seller who is about as vague as they come. VERY ambiguous statements about the car made by it's "can't be arsed to put up a decent advert" seller or the option of a sound investment that in the long run will cost you a lot less.

I've had my turbos overhauled by CR turbos......does that mean mine could have 600hp, or a 1000 with a bit more money? :D

I don't get it really, something is definitely off. There's no point building the block up for what is essentially a BPU supra. There's nothing wrong with the stock engine internals for what he's going to be running.

As for a RR print of 523hp, no way mate. Not a chance, not on stock turbos.

Bet he wished he hadn't posted now . :lol:

Not at all. This is the whole reason i posted in the first place. Why make a mistake myself when i have a wealth of knowlegable people at my disposal to prevent it. I too had doubts about the add, but there's no harm in checking it out. Worst case scenario, i lose petrol money to get there and back which i'm not particulary bothered about as i'll be taking my Evo which is great fun to drive.

I've had my turbos overhauled by CR turbos......does that mean mine could have 600hp, or a 1000 with a bit more money? :D

I don't get it really, something is definitely off. There's no point building the block up for what is essentially a BPU supra. There's nothing wrong with the stock engine internals for what he's going to be running.

It means if you have 2 rated at 600BHP that 2x 600BHP = 1200BHP Cheaper than going single :D

I didnt know you could alter a dyno. Cheers for all your imput guys, too many questions have been brought up so i think i shall give the car a miss. I'm once again looking for a TT BPU supra lol.

He may have every document to prove it but Dyno's can be tampered with to show any figure you like.

Look at imi's car at 565BHP and the price difference.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=220918

Who mapped the Power FC ECU?