The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Today's the day....(I hope!!)

Evil_Nuts

Its a 1996 J Spec TT with BPU, bought it off a guy on here, Kev_A, Will be treating her with caution as when i first drove a Rex it was an eye opener.....incidently, the very car is on page 100 of this months Banzai....it's the black FEED one....

cheers everyone, expect loads of pics when i finally get her:)

Guest kamikaza

I can't wait for the day i can pickup mine , im saving money now but i have to wait till next May :(

Goodluck with it and take care of it :D

I remember well how excited I was on the way to pick up mine (over 4 years ago now :blink:) and mine was part BPU running 1bar.

In essence I went from the 140BHP I had in my Rover Coupe at the time to about 360ish and I'm happy to say I got through it without incident by going steady - I'm sure you'll do the same ;)

Good Luck, Have Fun!

Specs are, double de cat with Restictor ring, Nur Spec, GReddy profec Spec B Boost controller, HDi FMIC, LS400 brakes, Advan Avo Model 5 18's with Good/years, TRD rearspoiler with carbon blade, Veilside skirts and rear spats.

Any ideas for my firt steps in adding stuff???

Specs are, double de cat with Restictor ring, Nur Spec, GReddy profec Spec B Boost controller, HDi FMIC, LS400 brakes, Advan Avo Model 5 18's with Good/years, TRD rearspoiler with carbon blade, Veilside skirts and rear spats.

Just make sure the brakes are top notch mate. And a full service and geometry set up would be my first call :)

Performance or styling?

For performance I guess it's got colder plugs and a better pump etc. otherwise it wouldn't have all that stuff, basically there's not much more you can do other than go single.

We need pics if you want styling advice, although that's down to you at the end of the day.

You could get some gauges for the inside if it hasn't got any. Facelift lights and indicators. Dash trimmed and new dials. Seats re-trimmed. ICE stuff.

Add about 70 quids worth of super unleaded, and make friends with the petrol station kiosk girl, you'll be seeing a lot of each other.

If you want more power you might want to get rid of the restrictor ring as you've got a boost controller.

Talk to a professional though, I'm an idiot.

If you want more power you might want to get rid of the restrictor ring as you've got a boost controller.

Talk to a professional though, I'm an idiot.

No you need to keep the restrictor ring, a boost controller can only increase boost not limit it.

Yeah i was sure performance wise i was at a near no more stance, i have a few pics on my phone but don't know how to post them here, plus I'm at work so i bet my companies intranet wont let me...styling wise I'm more form over funtion, was thinking about some white Compromotive MO6's??? I have a boost gauge in the clock hole and the dash has been retrrimmed with chrome bezels.....oh and it has white TRD gauges too...eventully i was thinking of replacing the standard leather seats with lighter recliners and I'm a bit of a sucker for big jock off brakes!!!:innocent:

I'll be using her everyday to go to work and the plus point is I'm workshop Forman at a Toyota dealer so I will be keeping her in very rude health!

Maybe i could text someone a pic of the car to put on here??

Cheers guys.....appreciate the help

Chris

Add about 70 quids worth of super unleaded, and make friends with the petrol station kiosk girl, you'll be seeing a lot of each other.

Oh and it can't be any worse than what i have now, my Supercharged Corolla chews V_power, about 18mpg, :p

No you need to keep the restrictor ring, a boost controller can only increase boost not limit it.

Really, I thought the whole idea was that you could set a max boost level with the controller.

How can a boost controller increase boost?

I thought the turbo would generate a max boost dependent on how much the exhaust system was restricting it with the boost controller / restrictor ring there to prevent the turbo from overboosting and killing itself.