The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" wheels and lowered 25-30mm

Lee_e

Hey guys

Sent my car to AFR the other day to get the shocks and 30mm eibach lowering springs done and i have 19" wheels.

Does anybody have any pictures of there sup's on the same drop and wheel size ?

And can anybody add any problems or positives they have had ?

Cheers boys and girls

Sent my car to AFR the other day to get the shocks and 30mm eibach lowering springs done and i have 19" wheels.

And can anybody add any problems or positives they have had ?

Shouldn't you have asked this question before getting the suspension lowered? :eyebrows:

When fitting larger wheels you obviously try to keep the tyre diameter the same as you would have on the standard 17" wheels, you're only reducing the sidewall height by fitting larger wheels.

Therefore it doesn't mean that the tyres are more likely to start rubbing if you fit larger wheels.

Having the wrong offset can give you problems.

Shouldn't you have asked this question before getting the suspension lowered? :eyebrows:

When fitting larger wheels you obviously try to keep the tyre diameter the same as you would have on the standard 17" wheels, you're only reducing the sidewall height by fitting larger wheels.

Therefore it doesn't mean that the tyres are more likely to start rubbing if you fit larger wheels.

Having the wrong offset can give you problems.

Indeed you are correct , i should have asked this before :( but im the kind of guy that just gets things done then worrys about problems after :rolleyes:

Bad habbit i know.. each to there own i guess.

I have Eibachs and quite wide 19's and accept the ride is a little harsh on crap rds and i suffer more tramlineing but on good rds its great and i love it.

I've had the suspension geometry set up though which does make a huge differance. Its also got TRD antiroll bars which stiffen the car up even more and makes it a little interesting in the wet :)

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

dnk's had lots of wheel bearing issues eh dnk :D see ya Sunday

My big silly wheels have been on the car for quite a while now and have done well over 50,000 miles on the original wheel bearings which have done overall 130,000 miles and their spot on no problems :)

If i get there :rolleyes: i take it your going silly o clock in the morning ?

Mines on 19's and lowered, although I don't know how much by! Ride is really harsh with my tein coilovers but springs maybe different!

I do want to drop down to 18's but I can't find any I like plus the car looks so good with 19's! :(

Well i got the sup back yesterday :D to say im chuffed with the way it handles is an understatement, AFR have done an awesome job.

Doesn't rub at all even on full lock :) very happy chappy.

cheers for all the help guys.

Well i got the sup back yesterday :D to say im chuffed with the way it handles is an understatement, AFR have done an awesome job.

Doesn't rub at all even on full lock :) very happy chappy.

cheers for all the help guys.

We need pics Lee :D ;)