The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Re-furbished turbos fitted

BOB B

Three weeks ago I took my spare set of UK turbos to CR Turbo engineering in the New Forrest for re-furbishment, 5 days later they phoned to say they were ready for collection, which I thought was pretty good.

I was very pleased with the results, they realy did look like a new set of turbos.

I have had them in for around ten days now and have slowly added higher boost runs till now running well on 1.2 bar with no leaks oily smells or problems. Changed with fluids and test runs in 15 hours work, (this is the third time I have done it now).

Fantastic.

I bought a cmplete set of gaskets and vacume pipes from Mr T which came to £120, new oil, filter, and coolant £85 and the re-furb was just over £800, so, with the prices quoted for new turbos and the soon to be problem getting hold of them thats not a bad deal.

Still have to see how long they last for though, a few members on her have used CR Turbo engineering and have been pleased with the service.

Here are a few pictures.

Cheers for having a look.

Sorry but for some reason pictures have come out tiny any help would be apreciated.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG