The mkiv Supra Owners Club

intercooler installed

LeeT

got my intercooler installed today so i thought id share a few pics. big thanks to envy for supplying at a great price and nick(NWS25) who had a nightmare polishing the top 2 pipes and simonb who took the trouble to take some photos of his install to help me along:thumbs:

thought id respray the slam panel and surrounding area whilst it was in bits

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/intercooler.JPG

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/intercooler1.JPG

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/intercooler2.JPG

also added new mesh and facelift indicators whilst i was at it

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/LEE2SARE/intercooler3.JPG

Originally posted by leett

cheers for the comments, as for the mesh i was fed up of people saying why have you got hardboard wedged in the front. :D

That previous mesh did look shite imo, didn't like to say anything though :D

Now, well it looks great, nice job mate :thumbs:

You can make a nice radiator cover for the house out of that old mesh!

Paul

Looks v.good, well done.

Does the 'BlitZt' logo come on already on it? (i quite like that)

Will you be able to post any performance increase B4 & after?

Dont forget to change your signature.

Cheers

Stephen V

cheers for the comments guys, i sprayed the blitz logo on there myself. as for performance increase i wouldnt have thought it would make that much difference other than i might be tempted to up the boost on my stock turbos a bit more. i fitted it to make way for the impending single turbo upgrade.:)

paul, there isnt really any advice i could give you as your fitting a HKS intercooler. with the blitz one i had to make my own brackets and spacers top and bottom as nothing lined up how i wanted it to. also had to trim the inner wing where the where the turbo to intercooler pipe goes through. the blitz instructions are absolute sh*te so as a guide i used the greddy instructions on mkiv.com. i just made it fit basically,if something was in the way i relocated it or done away with it.

Originally posted by leett

cheers for the comments guys, i sprayed the blitz logo on there myself. as for performance increase i wouldnt have thought it would make that much difference other than i might be tempted to up the boost on my stock turbos a bit more. i fitted it to make way for the impending single turbo upgrade.:)

paul, there isnt really any advice i could give you as your fitting a HKS intercooler. with the blitz one i had to make my own brackets and spacers top and bottom as nothing lined up how i wanted it to. also had to trim the inner wing where the where the turbo to intercooler pipe goes through. the blitz instructions are absolute sh*te so as a guide i used the greddy instructions on mkiv.com. i just made it fit basically,if something was in the way i relocated it or done away with it.

What did you use for a template for the Blitz sign.....?????

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Looks good Lee, any tips before i put mine on this weekend?

Did you spray the Blitz sign on the Intercooler? Looks good :thumbs:

Paul

Before you pay a fortune for a set of hard pipes - give me a shout - the new set should be ready soon!

(It is a HKS 'S' - yes?)

Paul:thumbs: