The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Centre armrest removal

TTRickeh

I'm taking my interior half to bits as i'm trying to route all the wires for my 'ICE' install. I've taken all the screws off the centre armrest (the ones at the front, I assume there aren't more) and managed to seperate the armrest/gear housing from the dash but it still feels like it's attached to something at the rear. Should I just pull? :)

I will probably be doing the same thing at some point so I'd be interested in this too.

Was it easy to detach the center arm rest, or did you have to detach anything else to get the center armrest off (such as the bottom dashboard - shift stick panel)?

I will probably be doing the same thing at some point so I'd be interested in this too.

Was it easy to detach the center arm rest, or did you have to detach anything else to get the center armrest off (such as the bottom dashboard - shift stick panel)?

Well I don't know yet because i'm asking how to remove it, lol. You will need to remove the gear stick panel because underneath it are some screws which need to be removed.

You don't need to take it off bud. You can just remove the screws along the side you want to put the wires in and tuck them up and over. Works a treat. I even got some wires into the centre box without removing it lol.

I'd gotten so far that it would've damaged my pride had I not managed to take it off :D