The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ludicrously tight crank pully bolt

dr_jekyll

now i know we have all had this chat before , but this is beond a joke .

i have removed a few crank pullys before and i know just how tight they are but mine at the moment is unmoveable.

i have tryed the starter motor trick and it just lifts the nose up and stops.

i have tryed and inch drive impact wrench and it wont budge.

its at the point where the actual bolt is becomeing disfigured and im quickly running out of ideas?

now i know we have all had this chat before , but this is beond a joke .

i have removed a few crank pullys before and i know just how tight they are but mine at the moment is unmoveable.

i have tryed the starter motor trick and it just lifts the nose up and stops.

i have tryed and inch drive impact wrench and it wont budge.

its at the point where the actual bolt is becomeing disfigured and im quickly running out of ideas?

Hi Craig,

I had the very same problem with my NA the first time I tried to get the bolt out. I even took the rad out and took it to a commercial tryre fitting place and their biggest air tool they use on wagons didn't budge it. In the end I made a removal tool and hey presto it came out.

If your is a auto and the bolt is as tight as mine was then you need the tool. Had two local guys attempt to take mine out for me and both failed.There was a guy on here who made a couple and rented them out and doesnt advertise the service anymore due to another member messing him around. But do a search and may be worth a chat to him as I spoke with him and he was a top bloke, but cant remember his name, Marksupra maybe... anyhow the tool I made took about half hour and I made it from two peices of angle iron bolted together in a "Y" form, used it loads of times since and never looked back. Its simple, rough and crude but holds the pulley tight and lets you gt the leverage you need behind it to undo the bolt.

Mine had been so overtightened that I bought a new bolt from Mr T as I wasnt happy to re-use the old one.

cheers mate ill have a look around for him , hope fully i can find something. i think im going to need a new bolt as the head id twisting on this one , thats how tight it is.

its a manual so i think a hefty locker and a huge breaker bar is my only hope now.

cheers mate ill have a look around for him , hope fully i can find something. i think im going to need a new bolt as the head id twisting on this one , thats how tight it is.

its a manual so i think a hefty locker and a huge breaker bar is my only hope now.

If its as tight as it sounds I would be reluctant to put that much force through the locked up drivetrain.

Her you go mate: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=65774

Did the plug lead make it to you ok?

If its as tight as it sounds I would be reluctant to put that much force through the locked up drivetrain.

Her you go mate: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=65774

Did the plug lead make it to you ok?

oh yes, pardon my ignorance , i was in ibiza for a week and it was here when i got back,

thanks alot for that mate , as i said if you want the p&p fees send me ovcer your paypal adress.

oh yes, pardon my ignorance , i was in ibiza for a week and it was here when i got back,

thanks alot for that mate , as i said if you want the p&p fees send me ovcer your paypal adress.

No worries mate cost a few pence so dont worry about it. I have only just got back from Romania after a week or so so thats why I didnt reply to your PM.