The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with new wheels colour, your opinions, possible Photoshop help. Please

DodgyRog

Just wanted peoples opinions, as I can't decide.

Basically I bought theses a couple of weeks ago and they need a refurb, but I can't decide which way to go on colour and to be honest even if I like them:rolleyes:

They are Works VS-TX, 3 piece, 18 inch staggered and completely different to my other set, which is proberbly why I am having difficulty deciding

Anyway previous original alloys

and the newer ones

When I get them refurbed I am thinking of doing the centres either

Black Chrome, keeping the polished lip

or a Hyper Silver of some sort, keeping the polished lip

If someone fancies trying to Photoshop these colours I would be grateful, but generally just want some opinions as I really am unsure and at £400 to refurb don't want to get it wrong

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Black chrome gets my vote but all over, polished lips are so last season :D

Much easier to look after as well ;)

These are proper Stainless steel rims not cheap laquered stuff, so would be a shame to lose them and I like something a bit shiney on my car;)

Those gunmetal ones look well weird mate, try painting the sides of the trd wing silver;)

They wont be Gunmetal for to long, thats why I posted the thread:tongue:

My last Trd spoiler had Silver sides and I am considering that option, but still undecided and it would have to wait until I get the stonechips on the front done anyway, I would get the spray shop to do the lot at once;)

These are proper Stainless steel rims not cheap laquered stuff, so would be a shame to lose them and I like something a bit shiney on my car;)

I think you'll find there polished aluminium mate then clear coated, i bought a brand new set of Work Equips and apart from the center design their the same.

I found out the hard way regarding the clear coat as a friend sprayed them with wheel acid to clean them and it stripped the clear coat off the outer lips.

If you want shiney then cool keep em shiney:)

I think you'll find there polished aluminium mate then clear coated, i bought a brand new set of Work Equips and apart from the center design their the same.

I found out the hard way regarding the clear coat as a friend sprayed them with wheel acid to clean them and it stripped the clear coat off the outer lips.

If you want shiney then cool keep em shiney:)

Thanks for the info.

I am just going by what the local refurb place said, he put a gauge on them and it measure .4 microns I think and he thought that was way to thin to be laquer and it would be the right sort of thinkness for a treatment stainless steel rims get, can't remember for the life of me what he called it now

Anyway nevermind, if I eventually decide which way to go, they will be going to Speedwells

Just need to make a colour decision and save the £400

Your new rims are massively better Rog, very nice!

What about gold centres with the polished lip?

Thanks Jim, they have grown on me quite a bit, now I have had them on the car a few days.

I am not really a fan of Gold wheels on Silver cars. With my car being Silver and quite a bit of Black now, I think Gold wheels would mess up the look a bit, just to many colours