The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Value of a 1jz conversion

ray007

Hi All, as much as i love it i may need to sell my 1jz conversion to raise some funds towards my aerotop single and 6speed project

Would like to know how much you guys think its worth, a few specs as follows:

1994 Silver, bodywork in very good condition

1jz Engine and shell about 72000 miles-engine is mint

3" second decat

HKS FCD

w58 5 speed box and fast road uprated clutch

19" wheel mania vortex deep dish alloys

Tinted windows

refurbed dash with boost gauge and Volt gauge

stock suspension and brakes

stock cloth sets etc

Thatchcam Cat 1 colour pager alarm with dual proximity sensors etc

Wiring done by ryan G

so how much you think ill get for it guys or how much should i advertise it for?

regards

Raven you can get soarer for about 700 or even less. (I get mine for 600) If you have a bit of room you can brake it and might get some money back. w58 are cheap like chips so if you would do labour by your self it will not cost you a lot.

w58 are cheap like chips

If you can find a gc W58 you will pay around £500 for it and if you need pedals and stuff then £800 for full convertion, also if you buy a soarer you will need a good clutch also £350 from paul, then replace all the old water pipes with new silicon, then while you have the engine out on the stand you might as well do oil pump - water pump - new belts - sump off and replace rear crankseal - then to top end rocker gaskets.

by the time you have finished doing the job right with sender units for your Gauges you will be into thousands :), but if a jobs worth doing do it right from the start like i did ;)

Raven you can get soarer for about 700 or even less. (I get mine for 600) If you have a bit of room you can brake it and might get some money back. w58 are cheap like chips so if you would do labour by your self it will not cost you a lot.

its hard to get a good one for that price, and most of them have high mileage

if anyone interested i think ill have to sell the 1jz conversion. For members only ill sell it for £6000, car and bodywork in good condition and engine is lovely with only around under 70,000 miles

pm me if anyone is interested