The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Alignment

Scott

When I am phoning up companies asking about Wheel Geometry Alignment what am I actually asking for? Am I asking for the correct thing?

I haven't actually called anyone yet I just want to make sure that when I do neither of us are under any illusions over what I want done. I'm looking to get the geometry set up on my car but I'm not looking for a Kwik-Fit laser tracking alignment, I'm looking to get the toe, castor, camber etc all set up properly.

I'm guessing it isn't the same thing as one costs about £40 and the other is £100 plus.

Also, I know there won't be a lot of options local to me but, does anyone know anywhere reputable in Scotland that can do a decent job? Heard of a guy Kenny something in Hillington but other than that it seems there are slim pickings.

Cheers

..yeah, i think so.

I went to the usual place I'd get wheel balancing etc done (National Tyres), when I asked about getting the geometry done..they recommended someone else.. My bud at Toyota just said he can do it..but the machine always sets one wheel of kilter..so i gave it a miss for the time being lol

:)

Kenny Brown, is who your looking for dude. I'll be taking mine there soon. He does it for £100 or there abouts. HE basically takes it out on the road, then adjust everything.

Give him a call as he is very busy with doing Rally work, as he sets up all the cars.

Don't know Kenny Brown (sounds good!) but I can happily second the CLCM guy suggestion; made a big difference to my Supra's handling recently (for 45 quid) and really knows his stuff.

He will give you a print out of the "before", "recommended" and "after" settings and can set it up to suit you too - very pleased, been going there for years with various cars and will go back.

Cheers,

Tuan

Sounds great, will definitely keep them in mind so thanks guys. I'm booked in with Kenny Brown now for 1 week on Friday. Been quoted £75 so we will see what that brings with it.

£45 is a fantastic price though.

Sounds great, will definitely keep them in mind so thanks guys. I'm booked in with Kenny Brown now for 1 week on Friday. Been quoted £75 so we will see what that brings with it.

Pm me when you get the car done and let me know how you get on, if you dont mind Scott. Needing my car done, its scrubbing the fronts a bit.

Had it into my mates place today but its too low for his guages and also spotted the front coilover has popped.Its only just over a year old!:(

Fingers crossed none of the adjusters are seized, i'd give them a pre-emptive WD40'ing just in case :)

Fingers crossed none of the adjusters are seized, i'd give them a pre-emptive WD40'ing just in case :)

I'm bringing home a can of plusgas from work. What I meant to say was, on the way home from work I'm popping into the shops for a can.

Everything will be getting soaked.