The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thoughts on the wheels i'm going to buy this week?

alex2jz

I've finally decided on the new rims. I'm gonna go for the Team Dynamics pro race 1.2's. They are accessible, light, look pretty good and are made in the UK.

As if deciding what rims i'm switching to didn't take enough, now i don't know what size and color would suit my red facelift Supra better :blink: !

Options: 1) 17" in Black or Anthracite ( Current rims are 17's and suspension geometry was done having this setup. I would like the car to handle and feel as close as possible to what Toyota intended, also i'm in no need of suspension related failures due to bigger rims. Only thing i'm afraid is that the car would look stupid with these rims in this size.)

2) 18" Black or Anthracite ( i know they will look better than the first option but what are the risks and additional costs besides having the geometry redone and more expensive tyres?)

Tell me what you think.

Cheers

P1010714-1.jpg

IMG_3096.jpg

Stock wheel specs are:

Front 17x8 Offset +50 (PCD 5 x 114.3)

Rear 17x9.5 Offset +50 (PCD 5 x 114.3)

Ideally you want as close to those sizes/offsets as possible. If you have the larger brakes fitted, make sure whichever size you go for will clear the larger calipers.

Fitting 18's won't compromise the handling significantly.

Cheers guys ! I'm decided to go with black. One day remaining to decide the size though.. Will be either 17x8 and 17x9 with 40 offset or 18x8 and 18x9 with 35 offset everything in matt black :D

Will post some pics with the new wheels fitted ;) Let's hope i don't ruin my Soup look though lol