The mkiv Supra Owners Club

problem with HID bulb fitting flush in the headlight......

Supra N_A

hey

fitting my HID bulbs atm bought them in the group buy from darret i am having a problem with the bulb staying in the headlight basically it should turn to lock the bulb in place but it just doesnt want to turn to be locked in the headlight! with the stock bulb it just turns and locks in to position!

the bulb is in postion but does not want to turn to lock :(

any ideas on what i can do?

I had to modify mine to fit, I filed the fascia where the bulb sits so that it matched what was coming out of the headlight.

When I fitted my hid kit (not from this group buy) I also had to modify it slightly. Just a little bit of filing on one of the locking tabs.

drivers side is in and secure but fitting the passanger side is a nightmare i have filled loads of the plastic and it is still not fitting and one of the clips broke off due to it been thin from filling it down!!! grrrrrr

supra fitment there supposed to be !!! defo not!

sick of getting stuff when traders are saying things are designed for your car and it just doesnt fit! these are just universal ones!

IIRC I had to put one of the tabs into one of the slots, holding the bulb at a slight angle, and then rotate the bulb to line up to the other 2 slots... push in and twist. Job done.

I must admit to not having any issues other than that.