The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Protest - Please read

Paul Laing

I think most of us are ok on this because we use Optimax which is a shell garage, but i got an email at work yesterday which made sense about the fuel prices.

It said that a protest like last time wouldn't work as we'd never stick it out as eventually we'd need petrol for a number of reasons, but had this idea instead.....

Don't buy petrol from Esso and BP (same company now i believe) because they own most of the oil or something like that and there the biggest in the UK, so if we stop buying from the biggest in the country they will have to lower the prices, then when they do that other garages will also do this to compete with those two.

Does this make sense? Anyway if we can let as many people know about this then it can definetly work, email, word of mouth etc.

It says in the email that we should only start to buy petrol from these garages again when the price is around 69p per litre. Imagine that eh

Cheers

Paul :thumbs:

Paul,

It's spam, its an email thats been floating around for at least 18months and originally came from america and was then re-worded for the UK market.

Search the usual spam warning sites and you will see it.

It's been in 2 threads this month, both of which I think I posted the links to the spam sites identifying it.

Wouldn't make any difference as the problem we have with fuel is not the oil companies price but the governments tax, by avoiding one/two companies you simply buy elsewhere and the government still gets exactly the same tax.

Ta

EDIt - to correct spelling