The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air induction hose !

Dyer864

Hi all !

Just wondering as anyone with a na , modified their standard air box, with a flex hose connected to it, then cut into the standard air box and sealed with some sealant for good measure !

I know all you turbo boys are going to say wots the point of this and there's hardly 1bhp gain or something on a na if that :p , but i've got the front bumper off at the mo. and seeing the air intake behind the light , it seems a little narrow for air to be drawn in, obviously it works (by design) we know, but i thought of a bit of more air sucking in , helping the car breathe better may be beneficial ?

anybody done :search:

Dyer,

Contrary to popular belief, you can get a noticable gain in both torque and bhp from an N/A with this economic DIY induction mod.

Ram induction

1 x 4" plastic soil pipe elbow

1 x 4" plastic to 4" clay rubber adapter, comes with stainless jubille clip. (6-4 ram pipe)

Filter box

Off cut of 2mm aluminium

3" K&N (or A.N. Other) filter

Door seal rubber (from breakers)

Bubblewrap strip (plumbers pipe lagging)

Heating engineers aluminium tape

Plenum

1 x 75 - 102mm 90o rubber or silicone elbow

1 x 102 - 102mm 45o rubber or silicone bend

1 x 102 - 75mm 45o rubber or silicone bend

Glue (I found Loctite silicone the best)

Shrink tube (4")

Bubblewrap strip (plumbers pipe lagging)

Heating engineers aluminium tape

2 x 3" hose clips

And breather filters for the right rocker cover and crankcase.

It sounds a bit 'Blue Peter' yet gives a definite power gain, sounds a treat and looks good too :)

Pics in 'my garage', (link below) and there are some snaps of the induction system in various stages of construction/installation, here and there on pages 2 & 1 in the 'Evolution' album in my profile.

Take a look.

Edited by David P (see edit history)