The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I Want To TT My N/A..........

Supra_Sean

Ok, So i Want to TT my N/A, Just wanted to know where the best place to go would be ? I want to leave the Supra there for 6 months aswell would they do that ? (gives them lots of times to do it lol)

Mines a 93 J-Spec N/a and i want it come out the shop a 400BHP TT with LSD.

So what would i be needing for that to do it the proper way and what sort of price am i looking at ?

Thanks for your help

Well its been done on the forum already.

You can do 1jz conversion from Soarer. It's 0.5 liter smaller but kick out same power with less torque. Its mean you might be ok with gearbox what you have in your N/A, if you have some more money you can go for r154 and that will last forever with 400bhp.

2JZ GTE which is more popular, got more torque and I think swaping w58 gearbox will be recommended in about 400bhp? well many peoples got it already, they will probably say something in a bit :)

IMO 1jz might come out cheaper.

I'll be doing one in next 2months so I will know more :p

I want it to be strong as posable so want the best parts for it, Really i would like it at about 400bhp on low boost so its stronger on long trips that right ? don't know much about turbo cars.

I want it so i can get more power later down the line aswell without changing loads if you get me, So think the nice expensive gearbox change will be worth it.

Give Keron a pm, he will sort you aout with quote and will tell you more than I can :)

Just sent him a pm so will see what he says.

Keron's struggling to get any complete TT engines in at the mo, I should know as I've been waiting to get my conversion done for few months by him :(

If that's the case I would sell the NA and buy a TT 6 months later, it would be the cheapest, easiest and best option.

And thats about it.

I think all conversions and upgrades like that are for peoples like me who wanted TT but couldn't afford to buy one straight away :p

Sell up and look again in 6 months, if you cant afford a 6 speed TT by then, then a nice Auto BPU is another option for you, and alot of the time only half the price. If you decide to go the NA-TT route, you can get away with using the 5 speed gearbox but it doesnt necessarily mean you should do. There's a few people on here with BPU 5 speeds and have been okay but you have to be careful in lower gears i'm told. LSD is also a must unless you want to be wheel spinning the whole time. 6 speeds conversions are about £2500 at the moment !

Like i said who ever does it will have 6 months to get all the bits and do the job so thats plenty of time,

I like my Supra and i paid well less than £2.5k for it,

I did say in my first post i want a lsd aswell.

Im not doing it for resale etc etc etc etc blah blah blah, im doing it for my scrap to show car project, Standard to show and all my work, Im doing it for me and me only not money.

Ok, So i Want to TT my N/A, I want to leave the Supra there for 6 months aswell would they do that ?

I don't know if they would. They might sell it.

Mines a 93 J-Spec N/a and i want it come out the shop a 400BHP TT with LSD.

So what would i be needing for that to do it the proper way and what sort of price am i looking at ?

You'll need another 175bhp and an LSD.

I don't know what price you're looking at, I don't even know which way you're facing. Give us a hint.

Thanks for your help

Pleasure as always