The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap Import Brakes

Guest TwinTurboJoe

Guest TwinTurboJoe

Hey, I have just recently purchased my first Supra. Its a twin turbo jap import and I am in need of some new rear pads. I was wondering if there is any difference between the pads and brakes on the japanese import model and the uk model. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Further to the above post, there are two basic brake types which are generally termed as "large" and "small" setups.

The export TT models always came with the large brake setup, but so did many of the Jspec models, most often the later ones.

Larger Brakes

Front - 4pot Calipers, 323x30mm Discs

Rear - 2pot Calipers, 324x16mm Discs

Smaller Brakes

Front - 2pot Calipers, 296x32mm Discs

Rear - 1pot Calipers, 307x16mm Discs

Which setup do you have?

Guest TwinTurboJoe

Thanks guys. I believe mines got the smaller brake set up. the problem is, I've noticed that a lot of websites selling pads don't give you the option of import or export models. They appear to be just all for the same car. Thanks for the link as well, I've downloaded it and I'll get it read through.