The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bournemouth Air Fest Meet?

caseys

Does anyone fancy doing a little meet up in the evenings after the Bournemouth Air Fest?

http://www.bournemouthair.co.uk/

19th-22nd August

Plenty of large car-parks around and pubs where a meet could be done after seeing all the planes. If you've never seen a Typhoon do what it does best you really should sometime :)

There's a nice pub with a huge car park near me in Christchurch (2 miles from Bournemouth) and good routes to blast out from (A35, A338) etc with a mini industrial estate nearby. Pub car park can easily take 100 cars. You could watch planes then meet up for a pub dinner.

Ok, from general experience of the last 2 years of Air fest, if you want central town parking for the air fest itself you have to be down pretty early but if the weather's lovely it's a cracking day at the beach basically. Then when the fest is over in the evenings generally bournemouth itself is pretty busy so...

Initially I would say meet in the evening 6/7pm-ish at the Bailey Bridge pub in Christchurch

Linky

There's a retail centre just across the road from it with a huuuuge car park if this gets big, otherwise there's normally a good 30+ spaces free in the pub car park.

But up for suggestions of any other location :)

I may be back in bournemouth by then (Im at uni there) if I am about I'd be up for coming along :)

Cool, well if you haven't bought one by then it'll be a good opportunity I hope to have a peek! I go past the uni whenever I have to go buy parts.

• 1 month later...
so then the air show is just over a week away,who is still up for a meet??:search:

I must admit I've not had the chance to arrange this and do it justice. If people are up for it post up and we'll see if numbers make it worthwhile by this time next week say?