The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just bought my first tt...

rxv8

Sounds like a nice car. If it's not already de-carted then that's the next think you want to do. As for an intercooler, you could go front mount, but Whifbitz do upgraded side mount intercoolers which will cope with BPU, and that's what I'd go with. You'll also want a boost controller at some point.

Also, if it's running J spec brakes I'd want to upgrade before going BPU.

And a restrictor ring if you decat it so the boost doesn't go running off, if its a j spec.

Differant grade plugs and if its been sat around for a while before doing any upgrades i'd be checking the the brakes, the brake lines, changing all the fluids, engine, g box, diff, brake, coolant and basicly give it a good look over all the mechanical bits, the paintwork should be the last thing to do

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

And a restrictor ring if you decat it so the boost doesn't go running off, if its a j spec.

Differant grade plugs and if its been sat around for a while before you doing any upgrades i'd be checking the the brakes, the brake lines, changing all the fluids, engine, g box, diff, brake, coolant and basicly give it a good look over all the mechanical bits, the paintwork should be the last thing to do

ye will be doing that anyway...cheers...

i hope to be mot d again on tues,have new wheels,ab flug bonnet...just need a bumper although its repairable i think it will one seriously heavy bumper if it was...lol...

was told by the previous owner it boosted to about 1.1 bar...

Re Mines ECU's theyre mapped to a customers specs, you used to be able to find out exactly what had been done by mailing Mines with the serial number but I think theyve stopped doing that. I had a Mines before and its a bit more than a breathed on stock ECU, it had an extra circuit board on top. But expect timing changes, boost and rev limit increases.