The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I came across this Supra for sale - anyone know it?

NOS

What is a 30i NCT?

It actually reads 3.0i NCT in the advert.

The 3.0i I think we can all work out for ourselves.

NCT is the National Car Test, THE single greatest money making racket ever devised.

Just got back from the test centre, €50 lighter, with my Prelude, which failed.

And the reason?

A strip of condensation about 1" high at the bottom of the nearside headlamp.

Thats the only thing the prick could find.

He even remarked on the fresh bridgestone rubber all around and how mint the car was otherwise.

So its another €30 to get it retested next week.

Last year it failed because the indicators were flashing too quickly after I changed the wattage of the front bulbs.

Two years before that it failed because my front reg plate didn't have the name of the original county of registration on it, in Irish.

Edited by pedrosixfour (see edit history)

The 3.0i I think we can all work out for ourselves.

NCT is the National Car Test, THE single greatest money making racket ever devised.

Just got back from the test centre, €50 lighter, with my Prelude, which failed.

And the reason?

A strip of condensation about 1" high at the bottom of the nearside headlamp.

Thats the only thing the prick could find.

He even remarked on the fresh bridgestone rubber all around and how mint the car was otherwise.

So its another €30 to get it retested next week.

Last year it failed because the indicators were flashing too quickly after I changed the wattage of the front bulbs.

Two years before that it failed because my front reg plate didn't have the name of the original county of registration on it, in Irish.

Tell me about it, and it is now to be an annual rollercoaster for me , with the new rule

Tell me about it, and it is now to be an annual rollercoaster for me , with the new rule

Is that rule in now too?

How do they expect to manage that amount of tests when I was waiting 8 WEEKS for this one.

We'll get the cars tested and we might as well book next year's test while we are there.

At least the MOT centre will/can repair minor faults there and then.

If a tail light bulb blew on the way to the NCT its a straight failure, there are no advisories.

I asked him why I failed in the NCT center and he just replied "ask your Mechanic", absolutely wasters just no need for it

It was my front reg letters where 5mm too small and on re-check they stood 10 meters away and said thats ok, I might as well just went for a coffee and came back

Is that rule in now too?

How do they expect to manage that amount of tests when I was waiting 8 WEEKS for this one.

We'll get the cars tested and we might as well book next year's test while we are there.

With effect from the 1st April 2010, an additional 7 items will be added to the National Car Test

http://www.ncts.ie/NewInspectionItems.aspx

They cannot handel the current workload, its crazy , from June any 10yr or older car is annually tested plus for any Jap imports they will be used to vet (in the same center) for extra's(leather/Sat nav/Air con)/Engine/Mods and based on this the VRT is calculated rather than currently on the open Market Value (another illegal tax the EU are trying to get abolished)

So getting a Jap import will be ridicolously expensive here , Government are trying to get people to buy new cars off the car dealers here, so they can cash in on the VRT

Governement are all pushing the propaganda through 'Going Green' and saving the enviroment campaigns

I've never failed NCT (yet).... Touch wood!

Dont go to Ballymun Test center, they always fail my car and previous Levin on stupid things, my dad brought his Mercedes SLK in a few weeks back and they passed him with his handbrake 50% unbalanced and me with my 5mm too small reg letters

Will put a Mercedes badge on her for the next test :)

So sorry I missed the full stop :innocent: but read as 3.0i NCT is like writing 3.0i TT or NA, but if it is a test like the MOT nobody would say its a 3.0i MOT would they? so why use it that way and confuse people? I thought it stood for No Crappy Turbo or something :eyebrows:

So sorry I missed the full stop :innocent: but read as 3.0i NCT is like writing 3.0i TT or NA, but if it is a test like the MOT nobody would say its a 3.0i MOT would they? so why use it that way and confuse people? I thought it stood for No Crappy Turbo or something :eyebrows:

In this country in it's present state of corruption and disarray a car with a certificate of road worthiness from the fascists that control them is infinitely more important than what is under the bonnet.

The ad should actually read:

!!! NCT NCT NCT !!!!

On toyota somethingorother.

Its definitely got doors and wheels.

Did I mention the NCT?? Seriously, no joke.

Engine? Yes I'm certain theres one in there.

And whatever it is you can be certain its going to cost you a BOMB to tax it.

But it has it's NCT!