The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello :)

Guest amy-v17

Guest amy-v17

Just thought I would drop in and say hi, I havent got a supra yet....but my brother has an evo and he told me Im best to sign up to the forum and learn all I can about the supra before I buy one, so here I am :)

My name is Amy (obviously lol) and Im from East Anglia, I'm looking at buying a twin turbo manual don't know too much about them yet have downloaded the guides on here to read so any information you want to tell me would be appreciated ;)

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome to the club.

Your brother was right, you should have a good read of all the guides on here and ask questions if you can't find the answers. It can save a lot of hassle/ money if you research what your buying. That way you won't get sold a TT that turns out to be an NA. ;)

Guest amy-v17

Please stop stalking me lol. But on a serious note I realise that its a big step up but Im so bored of my 206 now. I do drive my brother's evo sometimes so its not like Iv just been driving the 206 & I need a supra tbh :)

Guest amy-v17

I think my driving skills are being underestimated here. Just because Im a woman doesnt mean Im going to get in it and stack it into the first hedge/car/fence/wall that I come across :sly:

I think my driving skills are being underestimated here. Just because Im a woman doesnt mean Im going to get in it and stack it into the first hedge/car/fence/wall that I come across :sly:

Welcome. :)

I don't think sex is the issue here - people with massive amounts of experience lose it all the time in these bad boys.

I'm sure you'll do some indepth research before you commit to one.

Agreed with Charlotte.

Driving a 4WD car will give you as much experience as driving a FWD when it comes to putting your feet in a RWD, especially with two turbos in the front.

Supras are known for being twitchy at the rear end, and a simple slip-up will send the most experienced drivers into the ditch as you will find in quite a few threads on this forum. They all seem to be driving at fairly low speeds too.

This is why an N/A is a good (or better shall I say) introduction to both RWD cars and Supras.

Guest amy-v17
Welcome. :)

I don't think sex is the issue here - people with massive amounts of experience lose it all the time in these bad boys.

I'm sure you'll do some indepth research before you commit to one.

Yeah I understand that I was just joking with that comment, Iv driven similar cars before and now I feel the need to own one, its not set in stone that Im going to get the tt yet but thats what Im looking at for now, getting an n/a isnt out of the question. One of the reasons I signed up on here was so that I can get the advice & experience of people that already own the cars :)

Why not look for an N/A, drive that for a while, and then use the cash you saved on the deal to stick in a big single turbo conversion. You can then sail past all these chaps trying to talk you out of buying a TT with 2 fingers in the air :D

Oh, welcome...

Buy a TT and just drive it... as long as you don't plant your right foot everywhere then no problem :)...

Also traction control is your friend. Big RWD cars in the wet just want to kill you.. I pretty much never drive mine in the wet thats what the run around is for :)

On a lighter note. Welcome :)