The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone know who this belonged too?

SupraDan24

Doesn't mention anything about an uprated auto gearbox to handle that power.

That was another thing i was curious about. 500BHP is right on the limit of the standard TT auto box right?

I'll just email them with a list of questions and find out exactly where those "thousands" have been spent. I assumed it was an Auto just because of the price. I'm assuming the worst lol.

Thats Toms old car, his username is/was tom123tom123 iirc.

Autobox and I 'think' its a XS power turbo/manifold, there were a few issues with mapping I think too. Do a search on his username, he was always asking questions on here

:)

Edit, username was/is 123tom123tom http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=16491 and hasn't been online since november 2008!

Edited by flukey-lukey (see edit history)

Thats Toms old car, his username is/was tom123tom123 iirc.

Autobox and I 'think' its a XS power turbo/manifold, there were a few issues with mapping I think too. Do a search on his username, he was always asking questions on here

:)

Edit, username was/is 123tom123tom http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/member.php?u=16491 and hasn't been online since november 2008!

Christ, I havn't seen Tom for ages, last time I saw that car in the flesh he was experiencing a couple of problems iirc, general condition was 'OK' however its been about 1 1/2 - 2 years

hmmm sorry about the link, not sure why thats not working. Just search his name and then threads started by him. Yeh mark the last time I saw him was about 2-3 years ago. Agreed general bodywork condition was 'ok' and at the time I think he was beginning to buy in parts for his single conversion

hmmm sorry about the link, not sure why thats not working. Just search his name and then threads started by him. Yeh mark the last time I saw him was about 2-3 years ago. Agreed general bodywork condition was 'ok' and at the time I think he was beginning to buy in parts for his single conversion

Might have been down to the 'thread pruning' that went on a while back to help speed up the forum update. Although, I usually do talk nonsense. :)

Yeah i did that, i read his last few threads and watched his videos on youtube. Seemed he was seeing blue smoke after the single installation. Some suggestions were made (possible excess unburnt oil or maybe turbo oil seals) but his threads seem to finish without an answer. He had lost his job at the end of the Single conversion though as i've read, and it had left him in the lurch. Its possible he sold it on and cut his losses. Last thing of importance was he was searching out someone to map it, IanC's name came up as he was familiar with the ECU. May email Ian and find out if it was ever done, although it was late 2008. I emailed the company and they said it was running fine with no issues with the turbo's, they WOULD tell me that however. They also dont have any info on where it was mapped or even what boost its running now. Seems the Gearbox is original also.

Might have been down to the 'thread pruning' that went on a while back to help speed up the forum update. Although, I usually do talk nonsense. :)

You could be right, it was an old thread. I found a load of his threads however. He seemed to have it all up and running, albeit unmapped and only at 0.5 bar. I shall continue to look into it.