The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UZA80 Photos they *should* have printed but didnt...

Guest ed_jza80

Guest ed_jza80

Hi guys, well 10 months later and HPI finally sent me the photographer's disc of images... you might remember i threw some pics up ages ago when i first finished the car, and i was going to update when the got the formal shots... well, 10 months later, *sigh*... but yeah, i got em finally!

what can i say other than, man! am i disappointed with the ones they actually printed! the article was embarrassing enough, i wont bother posting it as its a waste of bandwidth and reading time, plus i thought the images were pretty woeful... to be honest wasnt holding my breath about getting this DVD either.

well, i was wrong, eh. photograpaher knocked off some awesome shots, god knows why they didnt print any of them other than the bland ones they actually put in the mag. meh, no matter, made me a happy boy today, i love the ghost bonnet shots :eek:

anway, less writing, more pics !

cheers

ed

Guest ed_jza80

haha, cheers fellas :)

vids, yeah, but hardly any decent driving ones.. every time we went out on the track the wind would blow the mic on the camera to shit, or the engine noise was too much and the levels start clipping :search:

so yeah, coolest thing ive got is probably this little audio grab of the old 4.0 engine*

http://www.v-eight.com/multimedia/eds_1uz_freerev.mp3

*yes i was being a silly bugger, no it didnt fuck anything

Guest ed_jza80
Wow, that is stunning! What front splitter is that?

no idea! im hoping someone can tell me one day

i salvaged it off an import, its was all busted up, so we repaired it an skinned it with CF. but ive got zero idea what it actually is :rolleyes:

I think they look great.

The 5th one with the engine semi-visible is brilliant.

It sure is - it must have taken some time to get the source photos to create that with the throttle bodies (!) visible.

Lovely looking car - as said above it looks as if it came from the factory that way - how is the balance with the engine transplant, does the V8's weight sit further forward or aft of the 2JZ?

Mike

Guest ed_jza80

uz is a bit lighter than the 2j (have the number somewhere, its not heaps, but it is lighter) PLUS #1 sparkplug is basically in line with the strut tower :) it goes back a long way, so much so that you can easily stand in the engine bay with the engine in there

Guest ed_jza80

theres random stuff spread all over the place about it, mainly on v-eight, toymods, and supraforums.AU

what do you want to know? can prob write a quick blurb save the effort of thumbing through 100's of posts!

meanwhile, have had some PMs to make some wallpapers :)

Right Click, Save As

1920x1080:

1920x1080:

1600x900:

1920x1080:

cheers

ed

Guest ed_jza80

it was just ghey. written for 14yo's, and technically vacant. considering i kinda spent 2 years making the technical stuff actually work, all they cared about was dumb metaphors, and the pics were really bland. like flat, boring, disposable camera family album style photos, and they were all printed really small?! meh, whatever, i didnt build it to make a magazine editor happy :)