The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Battery connections

Stonkin

Hi guys,

For a while ive wanted to replace how my battery is connected. On the negative side of the battery it has a green screw connection (so it can be quickly disconnected) that goes on the terminal and this then connects to the negative lead running to the chassis earth.

Sometimes when starting the car if it has been switched on and off a few times it wont start and just clicks. This isnt the starter problem as it has all been reconditioned. When it does it i just wiggle the negative lead and it starts fine. Its almost as though there are to many links on this connection and its got a bit old and not making a good join.

So, i want to remove this and just have a straight connection from the chassis to battery. I've bought a new negative lead but i need to get hold of a battery terminal connection and it needs to be for the smaller battery connector type. Have tried halfords and they only do the normal larger type for UK batteries.

Can anyone recommend somewhere, preferably where i can order online?

cheers

Christian

How hard is it to remove the entire earth lead? Is the Earth cable just bolted onto the chassis? I extended mine but I would rather just replace the whole lot if it was easy enough. It looked a little more complicated last time I looked IIRC, I might have been over analysing it though.