The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Supra Buyer

Guest Master Seanis

Guest Master Seanis

Hey am new to the forum. I was lookin to buy a r33 gtr or a supra and coming from a celica gt4 (st205) i decided on the supra since in similair in looks etc. I will have enough money in a couple of months to get my tt and im going to get it imported. Can i get a very good condition preferably standard white supra manual rz got 9-10k? do any of you know good import companies? thanks for the info. btw is the supras handling and traction really as bad as ive heard lol?

Guest Master Seanis

thanks for all the replys didnt expect so many so quickly lol. where is jurgen based? i dont mind travelling a long distance to pick it up, it is a supra! glad to now i can get a good condition one for the money i will have. i understand the lights from the jdm ones go yellow can you change these for glass ones too?

Welcome along :)

You can certainly change the lights to glass.

You could also refurb the yellowing lenses, it's very straightforward and makes a big difference!

You could always buy brand new facelift headlights instead, depending on how flush you are :p

Jurgen is based in the North East (Newcastle way) I think?

Guest Master Seanis

ah great thats like 20 mins away from me, i live just outside of newcastle. thats perfect. do you think a v gd condition standard white manual tt would be easy to source from japan?

:welcome:

They only handle badly when the suspension geometry is all over the place, or they have cheap crap tyres fitted, they can be quite lively in the wet but anything with 300 + hp and rear wheel drive is going to be so you have to be smooth and be carefull when the 2nd tubby comes online :)

Good luck with your search for a nice one, i've only spoken with Jurgen on one occaision with regard to buying an import and if it happens he will definetly get my business.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

ah great thats like 20 mins away from me, i live just outside of newcastle. thats perfect. do you think a v gd condition standard white manual tt would be easy to source from japan?

It depends how soon you want one and how picky you are. :)

Some of the stuff Jurgen has brought across and sold before it's arrived is astonishing! Don't think he'd struggle to find exactly what you'd be needing! :)

Hi Master, welcome to the club :)

Being so near to the guy who is most certainly the best to find you a lovely supra is good news for you. I've never had a need to deal with Jurgen, but from being around the club for a long time i can certainly echo what others have said about his reputation on here. Give him a call, and i hope you find what you are looking for.

Christian