The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted :( :( :(

Leroybarry

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..... sorry to hear your dilema, but I take it you dont know much about any cars let alone the Supra if you were sold an N/A and you were told it was a TT!! How much did you pay for the N/A and you got any pics? There is a big difference in the engine bay..... the N/A has no Turbos :D . . gutted is not the word I would have used mate. anyway post some pics of your motor

Scotty

3) you're a troll.

Ironically, I went to the Garden Centre the other day to buy a troll for a water feature, but when I got home, it turns out it was a gnome.

Very disappointing.

Welcome to the club Leroybarry :)

Il try get some pics tomora. No was on the autotrader website and listing was removed and all I got from him was a bit of paper saying Toyota supra paid in full £5000 sold as seen. I know now how different they are after seeing them next to each other feel really stupid fort I would take a punt and trust him as he seemed so genuine but proves can't trust anyone

Do you mean you were driving it for a few weeks before you noticed it had no turbos? Or you paid for it and didn't know until you picked it up a few weeks later?

I can't imagine it would take a few weeks of driving to notice that your twin-turbo car actually had no turbos at all?

You must have done SOME sort of research into Supra's before forking out £5k to buy one, surely? I mean, 5 minutes research will give you all sorts of information to instantly recognise an NA from a TT without even having to lift the hood.

I do feel sorry for you dude, some unscrupulous scammer seems to have totally had you :(. But to fork out for a car with seemingly no research at all is utter insanity! If only you'd asked on here BEFORE you bought the car like most people do, instead of after, you'd have never had this problem.

Erm.. Wow, that isn't a great situation, but I agree that doing just 5mins research on here beforehand and it would have never happened.. Hindsight is a great thing I suppose.

Put some pics up, or at least give more details, what year is the car, how clean is it, milage? Let us see what you paid 5k for exactly.

You think you have problems Leroy. I went to pick up my Supra from Fife, 12 hour round trip, even got Rob Sheffield to come with me to look at it and then had to take him home to the funny side of the Pennines. The car cost me 5K plus all the costs of fuel etc for the trip.

I had the car for a couple of weeks when I found out that the seller had lied to me and it was actually an Austin Allegro with a body kit.......:(

H.

I had the car for a couple of weeks when I found out that the seller had lied to me and it was actually an Austin Allegro with a body kit.......:(

:rlol:

I once bought a Springer Spaniel puppy called 'Thumper'.

Couldn't understand why he wouldn't come for walkies, never barked and only ate carrots. Turned out it was a rabbit. :banghead:

Wished i'd researched it now.

Ironically, I went to the Garden Centre the other day to buy a troll for a water feature, but when I got home, it turns out it was a gnome.

Very disappointing.

Welcome to the club Leroybarry :)

You should have bought a garden Budda. They attract butterflies dont you know.