The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rolling road closest to Lincoln ???

wallis

That's always fun round here mate - be prepared to travel for a decent one. Do you need tuning done?

Basically I've always been happy with the performance, even after I went bpu, maybe because I use the car rarely I have not noticed but my boost gauge only goes to 0.6-0.8 on full boost, but drives fine no probs, when I went bpu I supplied the 50.5mm restriction ring to be fitted at the place who did the exhaust system, and another lad said he had fitted/or there was already a fcd fitted so everything was fine and the first gauge went to 1-1.2bar after I went bpu about 3years ago, I changed the current gauges 2 years ago but didn't really notice the lower boost readings untill Sunday.

After closer inspection on Sunday I can't find any fcd on the car and think now that maybe the first gauge was wrong and that the only thing restricting the boost is the rr which means it must only be running at 0.8 (stock) otherwise fc would occur without a fcd.

In a nut shell I wanted to get the car dyno to see what it's running at and go from there, I'm thinking I better get a fcd and boost controller fitted and get the car set up correctly, maybe I should just get this lot done before I go and get it dyno'd afterwards?

Really need a dyno doing where the hell is the closest to take it from Lincoln, I can't find any nearby that have dynos for cars over 400bhp

any help guys???

Cheers

matt

Im from cleethorpes and usually travel to leeds with the MR2, RS tuning.

There's a few round here, scunthorpe/grimsby/hull, but all ive been to arent really much use.

Paul @ Rs-tuning is reccomended.

Cheeers.

• 3 weeks later...