The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Rev could a n/a reach

Dim Sum

If everything on your car is stock it won't go over 7200rpm iirc. If you want to go higher on a stock engine with stock turbo's it won't really get you much but I guess it is relatively OK as my Mines ECU has an 8k limit..... I know they can be a bit mad but I don't think they would overkill it (might be wrong). I would say 8k for stockish engine, mine hasn't blown up yet.

If you build the head, & engine internals 10k rpm hasn't been unheard of. This is a ridiculous amount of money to spend to get to this level though, and I don't know what the rebuild requirements are at this level.

Guest Snaps

^Yes there is... The drop in power after those peak points won't neccesarily be a larger drop than changing up a gear too early (dropping the revs lower than the powerband).

A stock NA won't go over 6800rpm, 7200 for vvt-i supra's. To go higher you'd need some sort of aftermarket ECU.

FightersBlue, it doesn't matter what the instrument cluster in the dash says it can go up to, it matters what is programmed into the ECU.

doesnt the limiter kick in if you go over the limit ???? mine does

FightersBlue, it doesn't matter what the instrument cluster in the dash says it can go up to, it matters what is programmed into the ECU.

my speedo says 180 mph can i go that fast or shall i keep it to 165