The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alarm choice!! wise or not

Supragoose

I can only go from my own dramas but not sure which Clifford alarm it was but i had a full closure type on a B3.2 Alpina BMW and it was a nightmare, fitted by a Clifford approved shop before i bought the car.

Never again but i might just have been unlucky ?

I can only go from my own dramas but not sure which Clifford alarm it was but i had a full closure type on a B3.2 Alpina BMW and it was a nightmare, fitted by a Clifford approved shop before i bought the car.

Never again but i might just have been unlucky ?

oh right ,thats not want i wanna here...i was reading the brochure and i thought christ theres so much that can go wrong with this unit...its pretty complicated

oh right ,thats not want i wanna here...i was reading the brochure and i thought christ theres so much that can go wrong with this unit...its pretty complicated

Ive no idea which one mine was and it was a while ago and could have been a fitting issue, the dealership had the car back after 2 months as they couldn't fix it, along with a few other faults i might add.

They could be all good now

No thats an extra afaik i think you need a boot pop solenoid. My 1 has proximity sensors, keypad immob, tilt sensor, glass sensors, remote start, turbo timer, shock sensors, back up battery, anti high jack & probably a few more that i can't think of. But all cliffords can be upgraded in the future. There remote's also work from very far away :). I also have a toad cat 1 in my supra (clifford in the evo) & you nearly have to be in the car before the remote works lol.

Just make sure you get it fitted by a good clifford agency.

I think it's all down to the installer personally.

I agree. I had a Falcon evo 4+ alarm & it went off every night. It also had every feature the clifford has exept keypad. It was a nightmare it kept blowing fuses & when i checked out the wiring it had all been scrunched up in a ball & black taped.

ahhh its extra...it doesnt say that on the website,just says boot release...always a catch...no pun intended

Well maybe they are doing an offer at the minute, just check it out. Usually though they name every thing that it can do. When you get it fitted though they tell you for things like boot pop you need a solenoid for it to work.

Send them an email and ask if its included.

I had the mk 1 model on my old Mazda and the only issues I had was the procsimity sensor sometimes chirped in heavy rain. Other than that had no trouble with it at all. I even got the mk2 fitted to the Supra as soon as I got the car.

I used Gap security and it cost £450 to buy and fit. That was without full closure, engine start (though it did have the turbo timer) and boot release. I was basically told that for the boot release it's cheaper to just get any release and wire it into the alarm yourself.