The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT due on my JDM, in need of CAT advice help/ Chippenham,Wiltshire

C_Strike

Anyone in wiltshire know anywhere i can get my MOT done without buying and putting both CATs back on the exhaust?

If that isnt going to be easy... anyone have a pair i could borrow? or buy or something?

My MOT is due around 10th July and its for a 94 JDM TT auto.

Any help or info would be much appreciated:)

Im in Chippenham but obv can travel a bit:)

Many thanks in advance

Have a chat with the MOT testers in your area and see what they say.

Going by the age of your car you shouldn't need a CAT test as it is pre-95. If you do a search on here there is a snip from the MOT test that states this.

Have a chat with the MOT testers in your area and see what they say.

Going by the age of your car you shouldn't need a CAT test as it is pre-95. If you do a search on here there is a snip from the MOT test that states this.

well that would really be pretty good.

TBH i actually thought the CAT test was for post-91, or atleast i think that was what i was told with my old MR2. interesting.

il phone about a bit and see what gets said.

well that would really be pretty good.

TBH i actually thought the CAT test was for post-91, or atleast i think that was what i was told with my old MR2. interesting.

il phone about a bit and see what gets said.

If it was a UK model it would need a cat test post 92, as it is a Jap-Spec the information won't be on the system to cover the J-Spec Engine. They won't be able to find a non-UK option in the database. Be careful, make sure you have the information from the MOT Test as there are a lot of MOT testers who are unaware of this rule. I'm screwed regardless as my car is a 96 lol. I know a friendly MOT tester though :innocent:

Same goes for MR2's and any other Japanese cars.

If it was a UK model it would need a cat test post 92, as it is a Jap-Spec the information won't be on the system to cover the J-Spec Engine. They won't be able to find a non-UK option in the database. Be careful, make sure you have the information from the MOT Test as there are a lot of MOT testers who are unaware of this rule. I'm screwed regardless as my car is a 96 lol. I know a friendly MOT tester though :innocent:

Same goes for MR2's and any other Japanese cars.

JDM TT is on the list buddy. This only works for pre July 95 N/As

It isn't, it is UK TT which has the same engine code. You can still argue your case though.

Ok, Just that when I had my N/A tested by my uncle who is an MOT tester, he got the said book out and the 2JZ GTE import was in there with the recommended emmissions figures but the 2JZ GE was not pre July 95.

You would need a reasonable MOT tester to argue that case.

TOYOTA The Model Code is stamped on the VIN Plate. The series of numbers after each Engine Code relate to the last 7 digits of the VIN number. Supra Model Code JZA80 Engine Code 2JZ-GTE 3.0L From VIN No (last 7 digits) 0000001

Thats what it says for Supra. Would need to check your vin no?