The mkiv Supra Owners Club

protecting arches after a trim

Lude

guna be trimming my arch lips on the weekend,

need a bit of sanding anyway as surface rust, and need a couple of mm taken off as tires rubbing.

what shal i put on there to protect from rust?

the car is white,

hammerite then normal paint & laquer?

ok tidy. going to sand down the surface rust and spray with white

(nobodys gona see/tell its there)

the bits where i have cut with the grinder i think il put hammerite on.

only come in black does it?

you can buy hammerite in any colour, if grinding back to bare metal i would use some sort of primer first before painting to stop the rust re occuring or use a tin of underseal.

ok tidy. going to sand down the surface rust and spray with white

(nobodys gona see/tell its there)

the bits where i have cut with the grinder i think il put hammerite on.

only come in black does it?

You can get any colour, they do the basics then you need to mix to get another, white is a normal one also for £6:)

you can buy hammerite in any colour, if grinding back to bare metal i would use some sort of primer first before painting to stop the rust re occuring or use a tin of underseal.

Hammerite is direct to bare metal it acts as primer, base and laquer:D great stuff im doing my whole supra hammerite satin black

Hammerite Metal Paint™ is the quick and convenient way to protect and decorate metal surfaces. Unlike conventional systems, Hammerite Metal Paint™ can be painted directly onto rusty metal. Its special 3 in 1 formula means you do not need a primer or undercoat and it is touch dry in 1 hour. Hammerite Metal Paint™ also comes in a range of colours and finishes to match your specific requirements.

Hammerite Metal Paint™ is the quick and convenient way to protect and decorate metal surfaces. Unlike conventional systems, Hammerite Metal Paint™ can be painted directly onto rusty metal. Its special 3 in 1 formula means you do not need a primer or undercoat and it is touch dry in 1 hour. Hammerite Metal Paint™ also comes in a range of colours and finishes to match your specific requirements.

Damn right:D its good stuff, did my callipers in hammerite also:)