The mkiv Supra Owners Club

starting up singal turbo 6speed supra

Guest Rit-600

Guest Rit-600

when i start the car up in the morning the oil press is all the way at 8.0 is this normal also it take a while to start the car up and sometimes it cuts out ???

can anyone shed some light for me

thanks richard

Guest Rit-600

i find if i rev the car it doesnt cut out aswell.

so here is what happens, i start the car its a bit lumpy. but i put that down to the cams?

and then it just kinda dies then i start her up again few revs and we are fine. just wondering if anyone eles has that problem or if it is anything to worry about?

thanks.

Guest Rit-600

well it takes about 5secs to start engine up. then it slowy cuts out but once i start it up for the seconed time with revs its fine lol

Sounds very similar to what my car has been doing recently. It either starts, has a pretty lumpy idle & throttle response for 20 secs or so, then sorts itself out. Or it doesn't fire up at all on the first attempt (just turns over), but starts instantly on the second attempt with no idle issue.

It's being investigated right now, I'll let you know the outcome. Seems like something in the fuelling setup though.

Cheers, J

Guest Rit-600
Bit of history on the car? How long have you owned it? Has it just started doing this? Sounds a bit like the cold start isn't perfect? I'm assuming standalone ECU? Who mapped it?

ive owned it for about 2weeks.

and it has always done it on cold start since ive owned it.

well ive been told it is proberly the ecu and my map needs tweeking it was done by some guy in greece i beleave D-something ?