The mkiv Supra Owners Club

any ideas on why my car alarm keeps going off at random times.....

Supra N_A

arrggghh this is annoying the poop out of me!! it has only just started to happen, my alarm keeps going off for no reason happens once a day at random times lol and no one is near the car at all all windows are closed/ doors etc

has this happend to any one at all??

My Skyline used to do this - and it was the alarm sensor on the boonet - when the bonnet goes down it presses a little button along the top of the arch - mine wasn't touching properly so kept giving the effect someone was opening the bonnet.

worth checking ;)

low battery will cause it. When the voltage drops it thinks someone is tampering and goes off.

If its got external sensors if they are set too sensitive it can just go off with wind movement. My clifford used to go off all the time on windy days until I drop the sensitivity right down.

low battery will cause it. When the voltage drops it thinks someone is tampering and goes off.

If its got external sensors if they are set too sensitive it can just go off with wind movement. My clifford used to go off all the time on windy days until I drop the sensitivity right down.

How do you change the sensitivity?

Which model of Clifford is it?

If it was professionally fitted then I think you should have really been given the user manual.

I think its the AVANTGUARD 5.1. It has key pad immobiliser, remote start + much more.

It was in the car when we got it thats why we don't have a manual.

My Skyline used to do this - and it was the alarm sensor on the boonet - when the bonnet goes down it presses a little button along the top of the arch - mine wasn't touching properly so kept giving the effect someone was opening the bonnet.

worth checking ;)

Ill give mine a check to as this used to be a common problem, i also found that getting a decent battery that didnt go flat helped the problem, i used to get calls at work 'kev your bloody supra alarms going of you idiot!!'

Tried searching online for one? Calling somewhere that sells them and asking for help?

When I sell my car, I will include the manual. I will also being getting my alarm serviced and stamped in a week, as it's been installed a year now.

I think its the AVANTGUARD 5.1. It has key pad immobiliser, remote start + much more.

Sorry, I forgot it was the OP that only had the alarm installed 2 months ago.

I know the Avantguard 5.5 uses a Clifford 650 MkII main alarm unit; I suspect the 5.1 may do also. I'll attach a pdf copy of the owner's manual for the Clifford 650 MkII.

Concept 650 MkII OM .pdf

You have to service the alarm? Really? I learn something new everyday. :)

No you don't really, it's just a money making scheme - if you didn't know already! :)

All decent security systems are self monitoring and will let you know one way or another if something's wrong. Changing batteries in key fobs every year or two is all you need to do.

Edited by SteveC (see edit history)

Sorry, I forgot it was the OP that only had the alarm installed 2 months ago.

I know the Avantguard 5.5 uses a Clifford 650 MkII main alarm unit; I suspect the 5.1 may do also. I'll attach a pdf copy of the owner's manual for the Clifford 650 MkII.

Thanks mate ;). Maybe mine is the Avantguard 5.5.