The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Dress - Advice/Help, please.

NOS

Hi all,

I have a 97 JSpec TT Auto (pictures attached).

I want to chrome up/dress up my engine. I am a beginner at this.

What parts should I start with, and what is an estimate for a total cost of an engine dress?

N.B.-> On the advice of Forum members previously, I contacted a Seller on the Forum who was recommended for Engine Dresses, but they (who shall remain nameless) never got back to me, so please do not think I am thread duplicating.

Thanks guys.[OOPS][/OOPS]

Have a word with Mr Lover. His bay comes with health and safety warnings for when he lifts the bonnet.

Apparently observatories need 24 hours notice prior to exposure too. :D

Cheers Andy :D

Its expensive and labour intensive just remember that, bling is not for everyone, it usually means chroming or polishing or replacing a lot of parts

Very true and keeping it looking good is a task as well :)

i would imagine it be a lot more difficult to make a TT engine bay look as neat as a single turbo,

if you look at the first picture, the majority of the cluttered piping is removed when going single.

easy bits that make a difference is shiny FMIC, remove the viscus, and painting the rocker cover

Depends what your budget is as to where to start.

The free bit, get your old toothbrush out and some degreaser and get that engine bay clean!

You can start small with radiator clamps and battery clamp.

Maybe a few engine bay covers or a hard pipe kit for the smic.

Then move on to the turbo pipework. Intake manifold and cam covers. Chrome plated or just polished will again depend on your budget and who you choose to do the work.

If your budget allows get it all done in one hit as doing little bits hear and there highlights the dirty bits left in place :D

You could choose to go down the route of a bit of powdercoating or painting and a bit of polishing/chroming to highlight a few parts.

As has been said though looking after it is a big task in the uk, weekly cleaning and waxing is a must and even then parts tarnish over time and will need redoing.

The biggest difference will be the spark plug cover and all you need to do that is a bodyshop or have a go with good quality aerosols, next would be a polished/powder coated inlet and TB along with polished turbo pipework, you would need to remove yours and get it all polished, the yellow pages is your friend. The little things make a big difference then, we do FMIC covers and rad infill plates and a billet tensioner bracket for the aux belt shock, get some pulleys from the states and covers for all the fuse boxes etc.

Hey Man

I would start with

• Hose Techniques Kit For Toyota Supra 1993-98 Twin Turbo-- Replaces any old tired hoses and makes your engine bay bling
  • I have a Polished Rad Panel, real bitch to keep a mirror finish(watermarks) I gave up, you would have to clean it everyday, get the APR Carbon fibre radiator cooling plate off Whifbitz; I can show u at the Supra weekend in July
  • Rad Cap
  • Rad Pipes, look good and also replaces the old tired ones
  • Spark Plug cover ( I have carbon one off Whifbitz, excellent quality)
  • Next you are talking Cam Covers, Throtle Body, Intake

MVP

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=482&SearchYN=N

Whifbitz

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1999&Itemid=53

RB Chroming -- Brian does some nice stuff

http://www.rbchroming.com

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5977716#post5977716