The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what to do

dr_jekyll

goodmornaing ladies and gentlemen.

I find my self with a toughf descision to make and was looking for som different veiws

i have finally got my na-t running well and making good power but i find myslef wanting more , so here is the 4 choices i have found myself with.

1. just shut up and enjoy the car

2. sell the car :( save up for about 10-15 months and buy the black 6 speed single im dreaming of. but this means being supraless for a long time

3 go flat out on the low compression ge build i have started , but then have to source a stronger box and lsd .

4. keep the current supe while trying to save for the 6 speed , ( I guess this will take about 2-3 years at current rate)

what would you do.

Enjoy and get used to/appreciate etc. the current set up you have and save up for the single you've always wanted.

I'm planning on keeping mine around BPU (it's an NA-TT 5 speed) until I can afford to single and 6 speed an aerotop. Until then, I wouldn't dare go without the car!

goodmornaing ladies and gentlemen.

I find my self with a toughf descision to make and was looking for som different veiws

i have finally got my na-t running well and making good power but i find myslef wanting more , so here is the 4 choices i have found myself with.

1. just shut up and enjoy the car

2. sell the car :( save up for about 10-15 months and buy the black 6 speed single im dreaming of. but this means being supraless for a long time

3 go flat out on the low compression ge build i have started , but then have to source a stronger box and lsd .

4. keep the current supe while trying to save for the 6 speed , ( I guess this will take about 2-3 years at current rate)

what would you do.

Perhaps a combination of 1, 2 & 3!!!!

1 yes use it as is if you can make it through the summer then in the winter with the usual cold weather traction issues the power you have will be plenty.

2 In the meantime save but look out for a £4-5K facelift SZ-R with a 6 speed box. If you see one you like buy it and engine swap?

3 yes slowly and steadily (ie try not to eat into the SZ-R savings fund!) build up the low compression engine as a spare/upgrade for the above.

Guest SupraN

You best to sell your car then get TT or single turbo 6speed manaul, when you condifent to buy.;)

HELL NO, NO LOAN IT KILLING YOU:D

I'd imagine you have a decent enough idea what to do, I'd say it's more a case of looking for justification from here on the decision to make is it ?

a little bit yes

i dont think i could handle being supraless. i would go crazy and start cutting myslef or somthing along those lines,

but im verry impatient and i want my black 6 speed single asap so im kinda caught inbetween.

seeing as i have decided i defenatly want a black 6 speed i think i will abandon the na-t stage 2 build with the other engine as that will just eat up funds for the new car.

if i keep my car. spend a few hundred pounds on it now sowith a full service and replace wering parts so its running spot on i will keep it and just use ocasionally to cut down on running and maintenence costs i may be able to scrape the extra money needed to get the tt6 and single it sooner while still having my supra fix on weekends.

i dont want to buy the tt6 until i have enough cash to go straight for the 600bhp+ single as my car is running bpu levels at the moment but it sounds better :)

i think this will also mean abandoning my " getting a motor bike" plan unless work picks up but id rather another supra if i have to choose

It all depends on how good your car is now :)

the car is mechanicly real good, lots of new parts and drives verry well. the body is a bit crap though, its been painted so many times its ripply and dosent have that deep shine,

by the time i get it repainted again perfectly , buy a 6 speed , buy an lsd, buld and fit the lower comp engine , it would be easyer to just give in buy a tt that has a good body and the 6 speed, lsd and lower comp engine already in place

the car is mechanicly real good, lots of new parts and drives verry well. the body is a bit crap though, its been painted so many times its ripply and dosent have that deep shine,

by the time i get it repainted again perfectly , buy a 6 speed , buy an lsd, buld and fit the lower comp engine , it would be easyer to just give in buy a tt that has a good body and the 6 speed, lsd and lower comp engine already in place

Would a good detailing bring the paint up? It's time-intensive, but worked wonders on my car and doesn't cost a lot either.

Would a good detailing bring the paint up? It's time-intensive, but worked wonders on my car and doesn't cost a lot either.

no its not the finish thats the problem . its been rushed so many times that the surface is not perfectly flat , it would have to be completely stripped and taked back to the metal . it dosent look too bad , just me being anal , but i have another picture in my mind now so i have to have it lol