The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Budgeting

Robby

I'm trying to work out the efficiency of my planned build compared to the possibility of buying something very much like what I would want to achieve!!

Not really sure where to start but basically I want a showroom looking 'fast cruiser'. I won't be racing it or anything, and love my auto box (sorry!). The car is currently a tired GZ Aero.

As far as I'm aware there are no major problems with the car so on the assumption it will only need whatever basic mechanical wrongs righting, (quite likely I guess on a 15 yr old car?) i want to proceed as follows:

Engine tune up and BPU (that's plentiful power for me)

New front bumber / skirts / overfenders / rear bumber / carbon bonnet / rear spoiler all blendid and top spray finish. (Happy to use used parts so long as a perfect fit is ultimately acheivable.) Obviously all windows out and seals replaced.

New Brakes

New suspension

New wheels (happy to refurb / second hand)

Retrim leather seats / recarpet inside / steering wheel / general interior modification.

I want everything doing to a top quality standard that will last for many years to come.

On any of the above details could anyone provide me with rough estimates of what things may cost (or what similar things have cost you) so I can start to build a bit of a budget.

Please also point out if there's anything major I have missed!!

Many thanks!