The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front headLight question ?

Dyer864

Hi all !

Bear with me with this one :rolleyes:

I have a set of glass headlights on the supe, with the clear indicators on the front bumper !!

the front indicators are split , obviously my indicator but also my sidelights.

I am now in the process of changing my front bumper to a Do-luck early addition, with the indicators built into the bumpers ! meaning i'll av no sidelights ?

Can i put the sidelights where the fogs are in the main headlight ! or av i got to av front fogs by law !

or am i missing something simple here :innocent:

Cheers guys ;)

This is a worth a bump ;)

In answer to your question though, you don't have to have front fogs. It's an optional extra on most cars (maybe standard for new cars now), I never use mine anyway.

Yeah thats true but i don't think it would be legal to have your side lights there as your fogs work on a different switch.

Why so many !!!

Hi all !

Bear with me with this one :rolleyes:

I have a set of glass headlights on the supe, with the clear indicators on the front bumper !!

the front indicators are split , obviously my indicator but also my sidelights.

I am now in the process of changing my front bumper to a Do-luck early addition, with the indicators built into the bumpers ! meaning i'll av no sidelights ?

Can i put the sidelights where the fogs are in the main headlight ! or av i got to av front fogs by law !

or am i missing something simple here :innocent:

Cheers guys ;)

and why so many !!!

Do you know, i've just looked and saw them there the long teardrop shape bulb !

Wot a plonker :innocent:

just didn't remember they were there !

This has all got a bit confusing. :(

AFAIK if you have lights fiitted they have to work and be compliant.

My MOT guy keeps taking my "upgraded" bulbs out of my sidelights. He doesn't worry about sensible HIDS ie 6000 less. Car never fails.

I don't understand "why so many" :search: We're just confusing the OP.

If you have lights they have to work. Fogs are required front and back. Sides are required, main and dip are required. Reflectors are required. Brake to main rears are to be different, ie the brakes have to be brighter etc.

Simples. :)

This has all got a bit confusing. :(

AFAIK if you have lights fiitted they have to work and be compliant.

My MOT guy keeps taking my "upgraded" bulbs out of my sidelights. He doesn't worry about sensible HIDS ie 6000 less. Car never fails.

I don't understand "why so many" :search: We're just confusing the OP.

If you have lights they have to work. Fogs are required front and back. Sides are required, main and dip are required. Reflectors are required. Brake to main rears are to be different, ie the brakes have to be brighter etc.

Think the "Why so many" comment mate is supposed to be a bit of a snide swipe me thinks ! cos i had a bit of a dull moment for a few secs. :innocent:

Yeah thats true but i don't think it would be legal to have your side lights there as your fogs work on a different switch.

I'm assuming you just wire the side lights into the current fog light bulb holders and the front fog switch becomes redundant.

Much like my redundant rear wiper switch.

Fogs are required front and back. Sides are required, main and dip are required. Reflectors are required. Brake to main rears are to be different, ie the brakes have to be brighter etc.

I don't believe front fogs are required, don't have them on my Skyline or some of my previous cars. There is no occasion when you would have to use them, 'fog' only requires a rear fog light.