The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daily driven 1147Whp Supra - Highway pulls

alex2jz

I think there comes a point when too much power is a bad thing.... I see all these huge power Supras and they all look like an absolute nightmare to drive on the road. I'm all for big numbers, but to me that doesn't look like fun and it would somewhat spoil the driving experience having to be so careful and only being able to put the power on for a few seconds without planting it in the hedge.

I'm sure it's amazing once you get into silly speeds and the back end stops waving around like a super slinky, but I just wouldn't want a RWD car with that much power on the road. 600whp in a Supra would be more than enough for me.... maybe I'm just a p*ssy but I just think you could have more fun hooning around in setup that has half the power of that Supra :lol:

Guest SupraN
Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't look like the speed of a car with over 1000hp at the wheels.

:yeahthat: maybe he not a good driver enough:d

Guest SupraN
Not saying it isn't, but it just doesn't seem mind blowingly fast, which is what you would expect. Looks like 500hp to my untrained perception.
Yeah i know what you mean, ofcourse it look like around 500-550bhp to me on the video clip.

I cannot understand why he have so much powerful car that he unable drive faster like jamieP:blink:

LOL at all the "armchair experts" in this thread saying how much or how little power this car "looks like" making. When was the last 700+ hp car you all drove?

I think you will find they are comparing the out the windscreen view to other known high HP cars on the forum bud ;)

It doesn't look all that quick to me either. Seems an all or nothing car, no doubt a bit of grip would sort it out though. Seems like 1k of rpm on boost though.

I think you will find they are comparing the out the windscreen view to other known high HP cars on the forum bud ;)

It doesn't look all that quick to me either. Seems an all or nothing car, no doubt a bit of grip would sort it out though. Seems like 1k of rpm on boost though.

Looked to me like he started around 60 or 70 mph in 6th most of the pulls, before dropping to 2nd or 3rd and wheelspinning uncontrollably on boost through 2 gears. None of the pulls were through the gears.

Why would he be going super fast? No traction means no road speed.