The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Honda DC2 Type R Recaro Seats

Geo

Right i may have found a set of Seats for a great price, i have a few questions that need answered if possible??

1 - Will i need sub frames for these seats to fit the car?? or could i modify the supra ones??

2 - Will the seats be too wide and touch the doors?

I'll be looking to retrim them and get any holster padding replaced if they have went soft??

You might be able to mod the stock ones if you are handy with a welder, other than that use the bride ones, i had to re drill the holes to fit bride rails on my evo recaros, easy enough to do.

nice one mate, thats what i needed. :D cheers

Sorry to jump into your thread Geo :)

If I fit Recaros into my Supra, what's the story with the electric driver's seat?

Can I get it to work with the Recaro?

not sure on this bud?? Will it matter though if you cant?? Just as easy to slide the seats forward.

Right i may have found a set of Seats for a great price, i have a few questions that need answered if possible??

1 - Will i need sub frames for these seats to fit the car?? or could i modify the supra ones??

2 - Will the seats be too wide and touch the doors?

I'll be looking to retrim them and get any holster padding replaced if they have went soft??

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/Thomson77/lge201807200604integratyper_400.jpg

1) Yes, but you *should* be able to get rails to fit perfectly from Bride (the Type R seats are identical models to the Supra ones). Edit: or just find some OEM Recaro rails.

2) As above, they should be OEM fit for the Supra.

Are the ones you're getting the ones in the picture (i.e. red)?

1) Yes, but you *should* be able to get rails to fit perfectly from Bride (the Type R seats are identical models to the Supra ones). Edit: or just find some OEM Recaro rails.

2) As above, they should be OEM fit for the Supra.

Are the ones you're getting the ones in the picture (i.e. red)?

can get them in red or black dude, all i need to do is either find rails or just modify the ones in the car.

To be fair these are a lovely seat, never thought about them as an option for the supra. The black ones would be the ones I'd consider and they normally sell for reasonable money.

They sure are dude, iv been in IanW's teg, and thought about them in the supra, can pick them up for pennies now.

iv been doing some digging and all you need is RO type bride rails, and they bolt right on. :D

can get them in red or black dude, all i need to do is either find rails or just modify the ones in the car.

I just got a set in black for my Aristo:

They look so much classier in suede than the outdated fabric of my Supra Recaros.

Found mine on eBay - got the pair for £380. They do need a good clean, but don't look like needing a retrim.

There are plenty of different models (Evos / Hondas / Porsches have various model Recaros depending on year) but I wanted the SR3 like in my Supra as it supports my back superbly. As ever with eBay, you HAVE to keep your eyes peeled and if possible have an idea of who else is looking (so you don't out bid each other!). These do come up quite frequently.

Edited by sdistc
Alzheimers (see edit history)