The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Envy vs MVP

pezzler

Does anyone know what the score is with Envy??

I ordered a few bit from them on the 4th; AEM B/C, Walbro fuel pump, HKS FCD. Since ordering I have sent them emails, text messages, left voicemails, sent a PM to Gaz, but cannot get hold of anyone. I dont know what the status of my order of, whether I will be waiting for a another week or a month.

At the same time I ordered a few bits from MVP; these were ordered on the 4th, and I recieved them on 9th. I also recieved correspondence from them all the way, and was able to contact Dusty (who is the most helpful guy in the world) via email. I expected these to take at least two weeks, seeing as they were coming from Texas

Are Envy still operating, has anyone ordered/received any parts from them recently? I wish I had have ordered the lot from MVP

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard envy went bust, just recently it seemed they was getting rid of all their stock on ebay for pretty cheap prices.

MVP seem to have a great rep for supra parts and are very helpful, i used to buy from evny becuase they were uk based, good prices and friendly service to:)

im still waiting for a return call from gaz for 4 weeks now for parts for a customer of mine just dont think its gona happen. If you have a look on the nissan 350z owners club theres a bit of a write up about him which may concern you. I hope you havnt paid for the parts.

I heard envy went bust, just recently it seemed they was getting rid of all their stock on ebay for pretty cheap prices.

Oh great!

Stuck in a situation now. I cant get hold of Envy so I dont know if any progress has been, or will be made

I may well just order the parts from MVP, but i'll have to have a good read of Envy's return policy just incase the parts do arrive

Cannot bar any payments that may be taken from Envy, and I cant find out id their still in business or not - pretty pissed off at the minute

Im guessing if I cant get in touch with anyone, that there is noone there!

I'm not up for waiting for forever and a day; think I'll get the bits off from Dusty, and claim my money back from Envy if the parts do arrive. If they are still in business, their customer service is f**king shite

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=33937

Posted March 17th:

As of today Envy Performance and Styling Ltd will no longer have a branch in Newcastle. Gaz is becoming a sole trader and will work for himself out of his own premises. Any orders placed through z-store.co.uk prior to today will be fulfilled by Me, Envy Performance & Styling Ltd. Gaz will now be in sole charge of the z-store and envyperformance websites and therefore any orders placed through those websites as of today 17th March 2010 will be fulfilled by Gareth Walker t/a Envy Performance.

If you have orders place with me which are yet to be dispatched or are part of any group buys currently running this will not effect you at all. Please feel free to pm or call me if you have any queries.

Thank you

And then...

Envy Performance & Styling Ltd (Me and Tony) Trading from Chobham as normal using word of mouth and referrals.

Gaz Walker t/a Envy Performance trading from Newcastle using both websites.

So which Envy did you order from?

I don't know what the state of play is with Gaz, I know he had some time off due to a bereavement, but he just doesn't seem interested in the business any more. Whether or not he's giving up on it I don't know, but he seems to be jetting around playing poker tournaments at the moment.

I've contacted him a couple of times in the past year or so to get prices for things that I needed to order and he's said he'll get back to me, but then I never hear from him again. So my orders have gone elsewhere.

I've met Gaz a few times over the years and we've always got on well, but for his sake I think he either needs to buck his ideas up or formally close the business.

Envy-Performance on eBay, seems to have stopped trading (No Items for sale)

When I was bidding on the wheels they had for sale, I had my suspisions they were bumping up the price themselves. I didn't win the auction, but messaged them, saying if for any reason the sale fell through or they had another set, I would have them for the end auction price.

I left it for a few weeks with no reply and they still had not had any feedback for the auction, so I messaged them again, asking if they had sold them as I had not seen any feedback and that I would be interested in them, if they were available.

I left it for another week or so and decided to give them a call, as I had had no response.

The phone call went along the lines of they were having a problem with the buyer PayPal transaction, but they had another set of the alloys and they could let me have them for £1200.

The eBay auction ended on 28th April at £530 and I have just looked and they still have not received any feedback for the original auction, so make of that what you will.

So in conclusion, I won't be buying anything from them and I wouldn't advise anyone else to either

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=33937

So which Envy did you order from?

I guess I have ordered from Gaz then, seeing as I ordered from the Envy website

All I can do really is wait patiently, and keep an eye on my bank account; dont really like being kept in the dark, especially when its my own money in question.... I have exhausted every contact available for Envy, no joy

Watch this space

Lol would be easier.

Think he's gone to a poker tournament.....

Hmmm, starting to sound like a bit of a loose cannon!

I have since been informed that he may be the owner of an online poker website; i'm guessing he doesnt have enough fingers for all these pies

Back in start of February '09 I ordered a set of wheels from Gaz, got plenty of stories back from him why I didn't receive them such as my credit card wasn't set up for international transactions despite having used it plenty of times on holidays in the u.s etc and having paid knight racer on here through the same card. He told me his courier didn't use a tracking number, then when I asked which courier he didn't know, a member of staff sent them out with a "local crowd" rang plenty of couriers myself in Northumerland region and got no satisfaction obviously as they hadn't been sent out.

In fact they hadn't even paid for by Gaz until very late March as unfortunately for him I was sent the business invoice by his suppliers for my wheels.

Oops for Gaz, he was caught out big time , he'd absolutely lied through his teeth to me. Seemed like a nice bloke but I don't have any sympathy for the place especially with what came to light once they went bust and it was revealed on here the first time.

There's a similar thread on the gtroc only a couple of months ago. Members all over the forums I think now know the story with Gaz.