The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drag Wheel Suggestion?

SaqTRD

Hi!

I'm after a 15x10 wheel to fit drag tires on to. I need wheels that will have the correct offset for a standard JSpec supra.

Does anyone know of any other manufacturers that I should be looking at..ford, etc.

I've looked into a few wheels, I think Weld are the only ones that do the correct fitment but are very expensive. I really just need these alloys for SupraPod day so dont want to spend too much.

I tried another members American Racing Wheels on my car last time at SupraPod but decided not to run as they stuck out of the archs too much as the offset wasn't right for a standard body supra.

Any Help would be great!

Saq

No such thing as cheap drag wheels unless you find some secondhand, weld seem to get the best feedback, bogarts are said to be very weak, ccw cost fortunes.

On a 8x15 you need a 5.5" back space to fit a stock body Supra.

On a 10x15 you need a 7.5 back space.

I would go with 8x15 5.5 bs with 275/50/15 et streets, if you go with the 10" wide and 7.5 bs you need to raise the rear a lot to get them to clear it seems.

The other option is to go with some supra 9x16 or RX7 16's

No such thing as cheap drag wheels unless you find some secondhand, weld seem to get the best feedback, bogarts are said to be very weak, ccw cost fortunes.

On a 8x15 you need a 5.5" back space to fit a stock body Supra.

On a 10x15 you need a 7.5 back space.

I would go with 8x15 5.5 bs with 275/50/15 et streets, if you go with the 10" wide and 7.5 bs you need to raise the rear a lot to get them to clear it seems.

The other option is to go with some supra 9x16 or RX7 16's

Thats what I did not mention JP, I have the back of my car jacked up very high, thats why I can run the bigger wider tyres.